Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 15:05 #151554

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
I hope you binning those 26mm carbs?!

Awesome work on the external oiler. I've thought about doing the same on my 1428 13.5:1 Z1 engine I'm building but it's a toss up right now. I kinda want to keep the sleeper image minus the big MTC on the side of the block.

later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 16:48 #151572

• tuxedotito
  • tuxedotito's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
StreetfighterKz wrote:

I hope you binning those 26mm carbs?!

And then some! Here they are on the bench for the first(and also last)time. I knew it had been converted but had no idea at the time about 'This carb or That carb'. You know how it is..."I'll just hit 'em with some carb cleaner and all will be well". :laugh: :laugh: The pics will tell the story of what was, and what now is. I still have them at the very bottom of a large pile. It's actually funny that I ran across wiredgeorge's website during a research marathon and was so well informed that I joined KZRider soon thereafter; ironic I think.
I like the "Projects" forum idea...everything I would want to post is nothing but "Project"!!

What was....

What now is, until the Megasquirt is complete. That is a completely different saga on it's own.
1981 GPz1100, Wiseco 1170 Kit, BS34 carbs; #40 Pilot and #140 Main, UNI Filters, APE main and cylinder studs, DYNA S, DYNA Coils, and lots of hours. Working towards Megasquirt/Turbo one day!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 16:57 #151580

• tuxedotito
  • User
Dammitt!!!!!!!!!!!

What was
1981 GPz1100, Wiseco 1170 Kit, BS34 carbs; #40 Pilot and #140 Main, UNI Filters, APE main and cylinder studs, DYNA S, DYNA Coils, and lots of hours. Working towards Megasquirt/Turbo one day!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 17:07 #151587

• tuxedotito
  • User
Back on subject and sorry again for the double post. Must have been that last Brew:blink:
Pic shows Oil Coller bypass drilled for the cylinder head supply fitting.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 17:11 #151590

• tuxedotito
  • User
Mock-up on engine

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 17:16 #151593

• tuxedotito
  • User
Clamped down for drilling

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 17:18 #151595

• tuxedotito
  • User
Tapping that hole;)

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 17:24 #151599

• tuxedotito
  • User
One more and then it's supper time. Thanks again for the encouragement. KZR says when you join that everyone likes pictures and I have quite a few more. There are so many, many other pictures I wish I had taken!:pinch:

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Attachments:

External Top Oiler Experiment 21 Jun 2007 20:34 #151651

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
great work man.that is going to by so kool.I too was woried about this.I drilled the cyl block galleries out bigger to acomadate the larger ape studs,then reamed out the dowels.The dowells end up being the real problem.I added about .020" clearance.Does anyone know the diameter of the stock studs?mine already had the ape's in it.
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

External Top Oiler Experiment 22 Jun 2007 04:44 #151701

• tuxedotito
  • User
Ape Jay or Jeff Saunders would know; and I am sure many others as well. I gave away my stock studs.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

External Top Oiler Experiment 22 Jun 2007 05:27 #151715

• tuxedotito
  • User
Snakebyte wrote:

It already has me wondering what kind of godies you have in the engine:woohoo:
Again, What is this feeding? Is this feeding a cam retainer or soming else?
Can you post a pick with arrows showing were you drilled and how far? Also, A pic of the head with the cover off and arows showing were it is feeding?
I'm so interested in this and would like to do this to mine:blink: No I'm not a follower I just like the mechanics of an engine and this that this is some trick stuff.B)

1) Wiseco 1170, 10.25:1 bored by Pit Stop Performance in Orlando, FL. All new Wiseco Rings.

2) APE Main and Cylinder Studs and APE main bearing support.

3) Barnett Full Clutch Kit with Copper drive plate and two sets of springs.

4)Switched to new WEBCAMS .395 Lift and Shim Under tappets etc. I bought a supposedly "NOS" set of Cam Motion Z4's on Ebay; all I can say is "Buyer Beware" and don't hold your breath waiting on Ebay to resolve a problem. One of the cam lobes was totaly "wiped" and worthless.

5) Head and Valve cover are clearanced for higher lift cams.

6)This is an open forum about our various projects and progress, no justifications are needed for finding an idea or inspiration to improve your own project. Your new idea might give me or others even more new ideas. That is why we are all here. :cheer:

7)Last night I posted some pics of the thread tap in the oil galley hole. Boring depth for this method would have to be around 1 1/2".
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

External Top Oiler Experiment 22 Jun 2007 11:36 #151793

• Snakebyte
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
:blink: :whistle: