Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 05 Jun 2022 12:44 #868292

• zed1015
  • zed1015's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1468

yup i meant boring of the stock restrictors rather than tapping m5 thread and installing your corrector jets. probably a big ask to get known the needed orifice i.d.

You can't bore the stock restrictor .
They are already bigger than the corrector jets.
Drilling out the stock restrictor any larger will exaggerate the lean condition.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moose1800

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zed1015.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 05 Sep 2022 07:53 #873379

• Moose1800
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 260
Huge thank you zed1015!, I received my choke plungers and air corrector jets for my Mikuni VM 28's . The work you did with the plungers looks great ! I installed them and got my carbs back together and the ole girl fired right up and idled great, impressive for a set of carbs that are almost 50 years old. It's been raining here all weekend so no test ride yet maybe later today if the roads dry. The throttle response feels great and the idle is smooth. I didn't install the corrector jets just yet as I'm running an old bread box air filter and it may be a bit more restrictive than pods so a test ride in order.

Thank You zed1015 I'm a very happy old Zed owner !!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed1015, SWest, Mikaw

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 15 Dec 2022 07:23 #877834

• Moose1800
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 260
Received my second set of plungers from zed1015 yesterday. If your planning on rebuilding a set of Mikuni VM carbs the rebuild won't be complete if the plungers aren't reconditioned and zed has been doing this for quite some time. You can trust his work......Thanks zed !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed1015, SWest, Mikaw, howardhb, Wheelhop

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 28 Jul 2023 08:25 #887683

• motomisfit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 49
I didn’t see anywhere on this thread how you identify which carbs you have. My owners manual says VM26SS. ‘76 KZ900 LTD. Mixture screws on an angle on the sides. Would be nice to see a pic of these ‘bottom’ mixture screws to help others identify these odd setups on some bikes. 

Chris

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 28 Jul 2023 09:55 #887687

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 370
Not sure if this is what you are seeking but here are 2 pics for showing differences between air screw and pilot screw within the pilot circuit. The first pic is of an air screw, note its path. An air screw allows for more or less air to premix with the fuel pulled up via the pilot jet. Turn it in to lessen air and turn it out to increase air. This exits into the carb throat below the throttle slide.

The second pic shows an pilot screw, sometimes called a fuel screw. Note its path and the differences between it and the air screw pic. The pilot screw does not have anyway to control the amount of air allowed to premix with fuel pulled up the pilot jet. Rather what ever the mix is (due to pilot jet size and pilot air jet size) to enter the carb throat on the engine side of the slide. It also has what is called a bypass located below the slide.
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, motomisfit

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 28 Jul 2023 12:22 #887689

• motomisfit
  • User
  • Thank you received: 49
Awesome, thank you. Just wanted to make sure I was drilling in the correct holes.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 28 Jul 2023 14:00 #887693

• zed1015
  • User

Awesome, thank you. Just wanted to make sure I was drilling in the correct holes.
It is only some VM26's with the fuel screws underneath that are made up of left hand bodies.
If yours have the AIR screw on the side then just fit them as highlighted in white in the pic.
It is always the air passage diagonally opposite the air screw.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pattenrd

Last edit: by zed1015.

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 17 Aug 2023 20:53 #888432

• solomrus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Would love to pick up a set of these if they are still available. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to send a PM.

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 17 Aug 2023 23:27 #888436

• Wookie58
  • Thank you received: 1792

Would love to pick up a set of these if they are still available. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to send a PM.

--r
PM doesn't work but I can put you in touch by email if you wish

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 18 Aug 2023 01:38 #888438

• zed1015
  • User

--r
Yes! They are still available.
They can be found on ebay from user - zed1015 - or email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie58

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 18 Aug 2023 06:48 #888446

• solomrus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
outstanding. thank you. 

email outbound directly. 

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Air corrector jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm round slide Mikunis. 18 Aug 2023 07:41 #888449

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
Do you sell air correction jets for Keihin CV34 carbs?  I saw mention of this in a thread here...