Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Weekend ride in Ill. 13 Oct 2008 19:48 #241683

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
:blush: Careful your bike may take offense to that.:P
Ok that sounds good. Yeah, I am not from Chicago originally moved here for college. Parents lived here and I was born in Mother Cabrini hospital in Little Italy but parents didn't like the hubub of the city decided that a slower pace of life would be better for child rearing. But Kaw Boy as he was called grew up in the Wicker Park Bucktown area, in fact you may know each other if you were in to bikes back then. He is about 45 and now lives by the airport. Really cool guy. Loves his kaws. He has quite the collection of nice bikes. An old z1r that looks brand new all original and extremely well taken care of. He doesn't ride it too much. And a load of other z's. He used to race and work for Kaw until when I don't know. But he cut his teeth on a new z and has ridden these bikes always. He builds them to show bike standards. Close to original look but way modified.
We will be leaving from my house on the south side Midway area. Thanks for the directions. Should be three kaws and maybe you can talk bee sting into coming along if he can handle a monkey butt ride to St. Louie. :silly:
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Weekend ride in Ill. 14 Oct 2008 09:43 #241771

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
DAAAAAaaam!:blink: I'm gonna have to try to stay down wind of you guys! That's some serious riding!
And now I'm hoping I have a chance to clean my bike up before ya'll get here. She's gettin kinda grubby. Been commuting with her.
Looking forward to it!
But either on the way down, or the way back up, you guys gotta take a little detour and come through Grafton and do the River Road.
Maybe we'll stop on the way back.
If the weather's nice, it'll be absolutely beautiful.
Problem with that though, is the cagers like to look at the leaves too, and there'll be a buttload of them out.
Alternatively, ya'll could stop by Steve's house in South Roxana, then cruise up to my house in Grafton, then we can take the ferry over to Missouri and go for Bob's ride.
Then we can come back across on 70/270.
Up to you guys.
Should we get some Monkeybutt MC '08 patches made? :laugh:

Weekend ride in Ill. 14 Oct 2008 09:56 #241772

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
You gotta consult with Monkey Butt er I mean Bee Sting first. lol That all sounds good to me. I don't know the area like you guys do so whatever you like will be good. I just hope it doesn't rain. It'll be cold at about 430 in da morn but we will come prepared. If it rains I will lose everyone. So far I have Javier on the Indian, Mohammed on the fatlady er I mean gold wing, three kz's and that most likely will be it as none of the riders in my group have the "money to make that trip" Yet they drop bills at Polekatz and get stupid drunk. Priorities are all backwards. They ride to drink not to enjoy
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 14 Oct 2008 10:10 #241773

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
Well so far, the forecast calls for partly cloudy with a high around 60. So you guys are probably gonna have a chilly ride down on the first part. Got leathers? I'll probably be wearing mine. I HATE cold.
And you guys ar timing it just right! The deer are starting to act nice and stoopid. Not a problem though, if you pay attention.
Maybe tell Bee Sting to pick some of this stuff up: :laugh:
www.buttpaste.com/BLButtPaste.php

Weekend ride in Ill. 14 Oct 2008 10:14 #241774

• madkaw1200
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
hay dont you guys have jobs:( .what are you doing on the computer before lunch time:dry: lawernce if you guys want to meet at my house we can ride up to dons and go from there or you can use bobs map and meeet us there. dons wright though you need to see the river road and the smalltown of grafton.let me know and ill try to tell you how to get there.im not real good with directions.

Weekend ride in Ill. 14 Oct 2008 10:22 #241778

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
Steve, another way to meet up is if they have a cell phone, they could call you from Midwest Motorsports on rt 3, and you and Jeff could go meet them. Yeah, your house might be a little hard for them to find. Whatcha think?

Weekend ride in Ill. 14 Oct 2008 10:44 #241781

• madkaw1200
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i think if they have a cell phone they can get off 55-70 or 270 at the hammel exit and call and let us know thats were they are.that will put them on 140 it comes straight to the Q-T in bethlato were we normaly meet.but its all up to them as to which way they want to go.

Weekend ride in Ill. 14 Oct 2008 20:17 #241843

• dblhdr
  • dblhdr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Here is a map of where to get off to meet MadKaw Steve in Bethalto. Just hang a right on Hwy. 140, exit #30 and when you get by the airport the QT (Quick Trip) will be on your left. You should be able to make it there by 10:a.m. for sure if you leave at 5:a.m. then you all can ride up the river road to Grafton and then make it to St. Charles accross the ferry and down 94.to meet me as planned the only change will be that you guys probably won't make it to the QT in St Charles before 11:or 11:30 a.m. cause the ferry will eat up some time. That doesn't matter though cause the ride up the river road is really worth it.
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
2006 Harley Davidson Road King FLHR1
Attachments:

Weekend ride in Ill. 15 Oct 2008 13:50 #241969

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
post disappeared.
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 15 Oct 2008 13:56 #241971

• dblhdr
  • dblhdr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
:P Alright, it looks like we're gonna have a good group put together for our ride. I've got four bikes comming from guys I work with at Boeing that are planning on joining us. One has a Kaw V twin, one a Suzuki, one a Big Boy chopper and one a Harley.:dry: I told them to meet us between 11:am & 11:30 a.m. at the QT on Fifth Street in St Charles. You guys will need the extra time to negotiate the river road and the Ferry before you can make it to St Charles. Even if you make it a little earlier than that the Chi. town boys will probably appriciate a little break before we start down HWY94.:woohoo:
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
2006 Harley Davidson Road King FLHR1

Weekend ride in Ill. 15 Oct 2008 13:56 #241972

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Thanks. We will call you when we hit the 140 exit. I will, of course, text you guys the moment we leave to hit the road. I can say for sure that if there isn't any rain in the forecast I don't see anything that would stop us from coming out. Knock on wood the weather is nice. If it rains after no problem;) but if it is raining before we leave major problem.:(
Gonna give my Kaw a little TLC before coming out:kiss: so she treats me right on the trip.:blush:
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 17 Oct 2008 06:58 #242245

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
20 hours and counting......still on so far as the weather should hold out. Gonna be a chilllllly willy ride.

Wanna see the kaw boyz in action. Everyone should at least try to get together. I know last weekend was the most beautiful time to come out but.... no better time than the present.

We are excited to be riding out that day so far far away. I just hope that all goes well. Be nice if a few more guys come out and ride with us but you know....ah never mind. I joined a group that likes to ride to the stripper clubs and go to bars and biker parties. I have to train these guys that bikes were made to ride not sit and collect dust.
79 LTD B3

Last edit: by saxjonz. Reason: added