Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Weekend ride in Ill. 06 Oct 2008 13:45 #240413

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Pantera with the Ford engine. Yeah those are nice..not nearly worth as much as an original AC Cobra. Those cobras have the spot in my heart forever even though there may be faster out or sexier.
I already told the vp about the situation. They elected me as Treasurer so I won't have to pay dues any more the down side is that I might actually have some responsibility with a group of irresponsible riders. Bottom line is that I will take everyone's colors for nonpayment and non riding so there will be no group to speak of. lol They promised to have a party to raise money for gas so we can go as a group somewhere before it gets cold. i want to go to St. Louis! How can you own a Harley and not afford the gas to ride? Maybe they need to downsize to a real bike and have some real money left over to ride. lol No matter. I will ride down with or without the group maybe as early as next weekend but for sure before I put the bike up for the winter if I have to go it all alone which I will if you guys all bring those bikes out that say Kawasaki on them and we can ride somewhere. I am going to talk two guys that have kz's into riding and the Indian dude to ride. He is down he just doesn't trust his bike. I understand...s and s motor it is a cookie bike with a different name. It does look beautiful though. We will come down!
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by saxjonz. Reason: left out a couple of words

Weekend ride in Ill. 06 Oct 2008 16:29 #240437

• dblhdr
  • dblhdr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Well guys I'm sorry I missed the car show and the Red Robin Burgers.:( I spent all day taking my front wheel off and getting it over to the bike shop where they broke it down and replaced the inner tube. Then when I got it back I had to fit it up three times cause I didn't get the speedo lugs just right the first two times. All is well now and I rode it to work this morning.:lol:
The colors are starting to turn and this weekend or the next will be the time to make that run down HWY94 to Washington Mo. Let me know when you all want to make it. I'm ready anytime. If you want to wait another week on the HWY94 run and you'll be riding this weekend someplace else give me a call or leave a message and I'll try to meet up with you guys.:woohoo:
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
2006 Harley Davidson Road King FLHR1

Weekend ride in Ill. 06 Oct 2008 17:26 #240446

• madkaw1200
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
the car show was ok but i didn't care for the long walk across the bridge.the view was cool but the walk sucked.we didn't get to ride very far but it was still nice to get out and eat some bugs.jeff and i rode for a while after every one else droped off.i got up sunday and tryed to go to collinsvill to the bike show.but i only got about two miles from home and my front tire on my 1105 bike started to go flat:woohoo: ,and when the front tire goes flat you cant hardly stear the bike.i had to drive about a mile on the side of the road going about two miles an hour:angry: .it sucked.its fixed now so when ever you guys are ready to ride count me in.i took my 1200 kaw out yesterday and played with dave on his 1150 turbo suzuki.it is leaking a little oil,but i think i can fix it.its from putting those 1200 sleaves in that 900 block,but it runs pretty good.i dont think it is as fast as my 1105 but i think its in the gearing.come on guys we dont have a lot of good riding days left lets use them like we may never have them againB) . this means you to lawrence:dry:

Last edit: by madkaw1200.

Weekend ride in Ill. 06 Oct 2008 18:54 #240469

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
It's a three day weekend for me coming up and I Will go there if I have to ride all by my lonesome. The weather here is supposed to be 70+ so I can only imagine what it will be there. I got my fatlady rider friend (goldwing) who claims to love the bike yet every chance he gets he tries to get me to switch with him. He has a few kzs in his garage and has a couple of mkIIs but the guy rides a fat lady. :P I will come for sure this weekend. I will leave Friday and then, hopefully, make it there Friday night but if not get a room and get up early and ride the rest of the way there.
Hopefully everyone can make it and the friends that I ride with can too. :angry: I am going to invite a new guy to come with us. He is german and has an accent but be damned if I didn't turn him on to fixing his bike up. His brazilian girlfriend happens to be friends with my girl. Small world. Imagine that in a city of over 7 million Legal people not to mention how many illegals I meet a guy who has a z that he spent too much money on and see his girlfriend and am like "Wow! this is too strange":huh: so he almost was going to get a Harley:unsure: because his girl wanted him to. I told him you are german you know hardlys suck and you know you love this bike so fix it up! He saw my bike and the rest is history. :lol: He will come I think.:woohoo:
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 11 Oct 2008 19:51 #241351

• madkaw1200
  • User
ok guys here we go again:unsure: this weekends ride was for not,no one could seem to get out at the same time:dry: so here we go for what may be the last good long ride of this summer B) .next saturday we want to go down hwy 94 to washington mo.the trees are going to be in full color and i hope the weather will hold out.B) if any one that has not go on this ride wants to go let us know before friday.i would like to get started early on saturday maybe around 10:00 or 10:30 that way we can get a few hours of riding and then stop and get something to eat:P ,and then get started again.hope to see a good turn out this time lets show those harley riders what a pack of rice grinders looks and sounds like going down the road:woohoo:

Weekend ride in Ill. 12 Oct 2008 18:41 #241494

• dblhdr
  • User
:woohoo:
I'm there Steve.
I went down 94 and rode up Hwy F to New Melle today by myself. It's a nice ride indeed.:cheer:
I figure I can meet you guys at the Quick trip on fifth street just south of Interstate 70 in St Charles. It's the same one we fueled up at last time you were down here. Then we can ride along the Missouri Bottoms road and pick up Hwy 94 at Pitman Hill Rd. From there we'll take Hwy 94 to Hwy F in Defiance. North to New Melle and then back down towards Washington. Lunch at the Landing by the river and Ride back up Hwy 94 through Augusta.B)
Here's a map of the route. It should be around 90 miles from the Quick trip and back. everyone should make it easy on a tank.:side: Let me know your plans and we'll make it a go as long as the weather holds out.
click on the map
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
Attachments:

Last edit: by dblhdr.

Weekend ride in Ill. 13 Oct 2008 08:13 #241563

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
The good!:woohoo:
This is Yanni aka "KawBoy" I have finally talked him in to a day off at his shop EPE to ride down to St. Louis next weekend IF the weather permits. He couldn't come down previously because he had way too much work to leave early Sat. but when I mentioned about all the group of your riders he got excited. He wants to see your bikes. He knows the power of the herd of Kaws possess. ;) I have another guy who said that if he doesn't work Saturday he will come. He too has an LTD. I got the guy with Indian just now to agree to come if the weather permits. If no one else and for some reason wants to go at the last minute my wife agreed to ride with me.
The bad.:( We will need to get up at 5am and ride out because both have to work until late 8p. No problem as long as you guys won't ride until around 10-11 we should be good. :blink:
I say it would be good to ride the snot out my bike because it probably won't see too much more action with the weather the way it is and I haven't taken it on a long ride all summer.
79 LTD B3
Attachments:

Last edit: by saxjonz. Reason: needed to resize pic

Weekend ride in Ill. 13 Oct 2008 08:21 #241564

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
A better pic of the bike.
79 LTD B3
Attachments:

Weekend ride in Ill. 13 Oct 2008 08:22 #241565

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Here is a picture of the Z1 he built up. Wish my bike looked that nice.
The paint although looks great in picture is a perfect perfect perfect paint job. I have never seen a paint job that looked better. Straight black with a complete throughout mirror finish.
79 LTD B3
Attachments:

Last edit: by saxjonz.

Weekend ride in Ill. 13 Oct 2008 13:23 #241619

• madkaw1200
  • User
HAY LAWRENCE,SOUNDS GOOD,BUT WE DO WANT TO GET AN EARLY START SO LET ME KNOW FOR SURE IF YOU ARE COMMING DOWN,THE MORE GUYS YOU BRING THE BETTER,BUT IF IT IS JUST YOU,COME ON DOWN ANYWAY.WE WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE HERE TO MEET BOB IN ST.CHARLES BUY 10:30.THE ROUTE SOUNDS GOOD BOB:) .ILL HAVE TO GET AHOLD OF DON AND WE WILL MEET WITH THE OTHER GUYS OVER HERE AND TRY TO GET TO THE Q-T AS SOON AS WE CAN.SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU IN THE MORNING ON SATURDAY AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT TIME WE WILL GET THERE.SO FAR IF EVERYONE SHOWS UP( THAT ALLMOST NEVER HAPPENS:woohoo: )WE SHOULD HAVE ABOUT9 OR 10 GUYS GOING,MORE IF LAWRENCE AND HIS GUYS MAKE IT.LETS HOPE THE RAIN STAYS AWAY,IT MAY BE A LITTLE COOLER THAN IT HAS BEEN BUT THATS WHAT THE RIDING GEAR IS FORB) SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY,WE SHOULD GET A LOT OF NEW PICS TO POST NEXT WEEK:)

Weekend ride in Ill. 13 Oct 2008 15:12 #241632

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Cool. Well 5 in the morning to leave should put us there by no later than 10a. Ugi and Yanni both are in if the weather is not inclement. This time for sure no doubt about it. This will probably be the last long ride of the season for me for sure so I want to make sure that I get out this Sat. I talked to the Indian man Parce and he said yeah but he is not for sure yet I can feel it. If Yanni and Ugi go for sure he will most likely ride. He is scared his bike might break down. LOL it's an S and S motor so it might.:huh: Can't be right? American ingenuity for you. He rides with Murphy. I hope that all go that said they will so we number5-6 guys. It will be fun. Hope the rest of the guys can go too. I would like to see the orange kaw up close as well as the green machine:P
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 13 Oct 2008 18:48 #241671

• dblhdr
  • User
:laugh: Alright KawBoy I hope you can russtle up a few riders to join you. I'm sure that if you guys hit the trail by five a.m. You will probably make it in good time as long as the weather and traffic cooperate.:unsure:
Where in Chicago are you starting off from. I grew up in Chicago. I lived in the Humbolt Park, Wicker Park, and Logan Square neighborhoods. I graduated from Schurz H.S. back in 1973.B)
I assume you will be comming down HWY.55 to Hwy 270, then 270 to HWY.70 westbound. As soon as you cross the Missouri river bridge the first exit you come to is Fifth street. You'll want the second ramp exit 229A which will loop you around back under hwy.70. About 300 yards south of the Hwy. is a Quick Trip gas station and convenience store on the left hand side of the road. I'll get there between ten and ten thirty a.m. and wait for everyone to show up. I'll be easy to spot cause I'll be on the old cop bike.:woohoo: