Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Weekend ride in Ill. 01 Oct 2008 16:35 #239699

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
  • Thank you received: 7
Sax, are you coming down Friday evening?

Beesting, I'm a veteran and a christian.
It would kinda silly of me to be afaid of death, now wouldn't it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by riverroad.

Weekend ride in Ill. 01 Oct 2008 20:12 #239738

• dblhdr
  • dblhdr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Sax
(Click on the map to see a bigger picture)
Here is a map of the local area where I understand the car show is supposed to be. There are about a dozen hotels and motels in the area at the Hwy 111 exit off of 270. I'm sure you'll be able to get a room in that area on short notice. It's close to the car show and it has easy access north towards Alton and Grafton where there are a lot of riders.
[img size=150][/img]
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
2006 Harley Davidson Road King FLHR1
Attachments:

Last edit: by dblhdr.

Weekend ride in Ill. 02 Oct 2008 12:28 #239818

• madkaw1200
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
OK GUYS HERE IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR FOR SATURDAYS RIDE,MYSELF,JEFF AND MIKE ARE GOING,BOB AND DON YOU ARE GOING,I HAVE ONE MORE GUY TO CALL AND JEFF HAS THREE MORE GUYS TO CALL I THINK THEY WILL ALL GO.LAWRENCE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE COMMING DOWN AND WE WILL WORK OUT SOMEWERE TO MEET YOU.I WOULD LIKE TO GET AN EARLYER START THIS TIME SO WE CAN GET IN A GOOD RIDE B) .YOU NEVER KNOW IT MAY BE THE LAST GOOD RIDE UNTELL NEXT SPRING.:woohoo: I WOULD LIKE TO MEET ABOUT 10:00 OR 10:30.IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS LET ME KNOW.ANY ONE READING THIS THAT WANTS TO RIDE WITH US LET US KNOW AND WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WERE WE ARE GOING TO MEET.B) B)

Weekend ride in Ill. 02 Oct 2008 16:33 #239850

• dblhdr
  • User
I'm in for Saturday... Just let me know where we are going to meet.
I read in the paper that the Illinois cops that had the road block up on the river road last weekend where we got stopped, impounded thirty six bikes for not having proper paper work or license.:angry: The newspaper said it would cost the owners fifteen hundred bucks to get their bikes back from impound, plus the towing fee... CHA-CHING!!! :ohmy: Illinois scores again. You can bet after such a sucsessful weekend of making money for the state they will be doing it again.:S
1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.

Weekend ride in Ill. 02 Oct 2008 16:50 #239853

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
Here it is last minute and none of the guys that said they would ride down with me are not willing to go now. I really want to come down but by myself is a long way to ride in case my bike breaks down. If I could just find ONE guy to ride down with I'm in. Perfect timing to come down and check out the car show but I have to be back Saturday night for sure if I went because I have to do something here Sunday morning. Well.... worst case scenario I can wait for the other guy Yanni who rides religiously and we can come up next Saturday afternoon and come back on Sunday. Or we could come this Saturday and ride down to Springfield and maybe meet you guys. I will call him to see if he can close his shop at one and we can go. I know he will go for sure to Springfield but to St. Louis I will have to ask.
I am really not happy with this situation as I know the weather will be at least 10 degrees warmer down there. The Indian rider will go if I can find two other people to go. I will get back very shortly with an answer.
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Weekend ride in Ill. 02 Oct 2008 16:57 #239855

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
This weekend I could ride out Saturday with the guys. But the problem is that they won't be free until after 3p which all but kills the ride to St. Louis. We could meet up in Springfield and ride from there... OR Could wait till next weekend and come down on a Friday spend the night and ride the next morning with you guys and then possibly stay another night as well. I have to check with these guys first but I think if the weather holds next weekend we would be able to ride there to St. Louis. To ride 5 hours there and then ride with you guys all day and come back the same day might be a stretch for some of these guys. I like to ride and could do it for sure but I can't speak for them so much.
If we come up Saturday we would need to leave at around 5 to get there about 10 or later. It's a stretch for these guys I think even myself to ride all day without taking short breaks. We will sort it out. For sure I have to come on down to check out the ride down there. It looks beautiful and the bikes you guys ride are right up my alley. Let me know about Springfield and then we can go from there.
79 LTD B3

Last edit: by saxjonz. Reason: blank message

Weekend ride in Ill. 02 Oct 2008 20:38 #239881

• dblhdr
  • User
:unsure: I won't be able to do Springfield this weekend, and I'm pretty sure Don (riverroad)won't either. If the weather holds and you can make it next weekend or the one after; that is when the peak colors down HWY94 to Dutzow & Washington are expected. I rode down there Wednesday night after work with 18 other bikes all from Boeing.We took an alternate route through Pacific MO. WE ate at a nice place that had good food and a patio overlooking the river. :P We are planning a run down there anyway and you guys are welcome to join us if you do make it down. :woohoo:
Steve:
I'm still available from 10:00am til 5:00pm to ride if you guys are still heading out. Leave me a note or call me and I'll meet you. ;)

Last edit: by dblhdr.

Weekend ride in Ill. 02 Oct 2008 21:16 #239890

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Would have gotten back earlier but I had to input grades for my students. KZ Yanni called me back and he can't make the ride this weekend either way so the other guy who has a kz is in New York doing who knows what but I know he will go next time he has an opportunity to. It would be much better if we all rode down together. The guy that rides the Indian wanted to ride with 4 or more. Understandable. SO... I guess this is a reluctant pass.
The group I ride with with which I am all but done with has yet to ride much this summer. In the few months I have had my bike running and have been here in Chicago I have put over 5k miles only 300 or less of which have been with these "power riders" the group that I pay dues to ride with and have yet to see the serious riding that takes place. lol
Well we will get together soon. I have to see those bikes and meet you guys before the end of the season. Couple of months left yet for sure.
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 05 Oct 2008 18:21 #240304

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
So how did your guys' weekend go? I wanna see many detailed pics to see what I missed out on. I can then show my friends who should have gone with me instead of balking. lol
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 06 Oct 2008 03:15 #240338

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
Sorry Sax, no pics.
Bob got a front flat tire, so he was out of it.
Me, Steve, Jeff and Mark rode down to that car show on the Rt 66 bridge (Chain of Rocks bridge). And had we known the car show was on the Missouri side of the bridge, we would've parked on that side. But we didn't, and ended up walking all the way across the bridge, about a mile. Lots of very nice cars there. The one that really stuck out in my mind was an all original, aluminum bodied 1964 AC Cobra, with the original 260 in it. Gotta be worth a fortune. And there was this really well put together orange Mustang. Belonged to a young black guy. And he was very proud of his car, as he should be. I took a close look at his car, and his attention to detail was outstanding. We didn't stick around to see who won, but in my mind, it should've went to him.
After we walked back across the bridge, we cruised over to Edwardsville and ate expensive burgers at Red Robin. Burgers were good, but I'm not really convinced they were worth nine bucks apiece.
Then Sunday, me and the wife took a little cruise around Grafton. Saw Mark and his wife riding the opposite way.
We stopped at a couple bars around town and checked out all the cookie cutter Harley individualist machines.
Then my bike started acting up. So now I have to put a post in the electrical forum...

Weekend ride in Ill. 06 Oct 2008 07:12 #240369

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Ohhhhhhhhh man. AC COBRA ORIGINAL!!!!!! I am really disappointed now in these guys. I already told the vp of the group that if we didn't get out and ride I'm turning my colors in and I am really inclined to do that but I will give them an opportunity to change for next summer as the vp told me that no one has any money and they all have issues so I have to givem a chance. BUTTTTTTTTTTTT an AC COBRA! That shoulda been me with you guys. ARG!!! I am soooo ..... I digress.
FRONT FLAT??!! That sounds really scary. Are bikes able to stay up with the front tire gone flat? I have gotten rear flats many times but the front tire scares me to no end.
79 LTD B3

Weekend ride in Ill. 06 Oct 2008 10:03 #240383

• riverroad
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
Too bad Sax. Maybe next time. Especially the guy with the Indian. Not a lot of those around here. Gobs of Harleys, but I've only seen maybe two or three Indians.
Yeah, if I was paying dues to a club, they'd have to ride, or no more dues. Never was much of a club kinda biker anyway.
Oh yeah, another one of my all time dreeam cars was there. A Detomaso Pantera. But it wasn't near as nice as the Cobra.