Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 06:47 #882676

• DanMadBoy
  • DanMadBoy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 14

Looks nice Dan. Show us when it's on the bike. 

Thanks. Will do. That will be most like somewhere mid or end of month.
The topic has been locked.

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 08:07 #882682

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
I was basing my wax comment on a post you made earlier in the thread 

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Warren3200gt

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 08:26 #882684

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

already explained to you. you neglected to read it. scroll backward
Last edit: by DanMadBoy.

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 08:37 #882686

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972

Here is a quote from you earlier in this thread
Was just trying to help, But no worries    I won't try and help again
Dave

The top stripe on the old tank is sun faded because the clear coat was pretty much all gone. The shininess comes from the carnuba wax I put on it, not clear coat. Over time the green turned to light blue.  The stripes on the new tank are the correct colors for the tank and I got them from diablo. Thanks though!

already explained to you. you neglected to read it. scroll backward

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 08:51 #882690

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621

Top stripe doesn't look the same.

The top stripe on the old tank is sun faded because the clear coat was pretty much all gone. The shininess comes from the carnuba wax I put on it, not clear coat. Over time the green turned to light blue.  The stripes on the new tank are the correct colors for the tank and I got them from diablo. Thanks though!

This isn't what you said the first time. You went back and edited your posts. You removed your profile pic as well.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren3200gt

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 09:22 #882692

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 656

This isn't what you said the first time. You went back and edited your posts. You removed your profile pic as well.

And not for the first time in this thread (and others) . 

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 09:26 #882693

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

swest wrote:  

Thanks for your thoughts.

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 09:28 #882694

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

above is a pic from the other day. im quite happy with the tank. spoke to the painter today. he removed the paint around the fuel tank lip, and suggested I wait a few days before picking it up so things can harden a bit.

super stoked.

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 09:51 #882696

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

Dave

The top stripe on the old tank is sun faded because the clear coat was pretty much all gone. The shininess comes from the carnuba wax I put on it, not clear coat. Over time the green turned to light blue. 

I understand that things may be hard to decipher over the net, but my response is clear.

Again:
SWest said the colors on the old tank dont match the colors on the new tank.

I explained that the clear coat on the OLD TANK failed, and though I put carnuba wax on the OLD TANK to protect it, the stripes STILL faded.

In no way did I say, connote or imply that I would ever put carnuba wax on my newly painted tank, which is what you implied.

I know better than to wax a newly painted tank. However someone might find your info useful, so thanks for that.

Im going riding with about 5 friends now. Hope some, if not all of you, are out riding or otherwise enjoying the day.

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 10:02 #882699

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
Not correct. You explained the pic was a camera error showing the top line as blue. You went back and edited most of your posts. I'll be taking screen shots more often. 
BTW I hope you will ride with boots instead of those white tennis shoes. The ankles you save might be your own. 
Steve 

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren3200gt
Last edit: by SWest. Reason: add pics

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 15:17 #882725

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

Dave

The top stripe on the old tank is sun faded because the clear coat was pretty much all gone. The shininess comes from the carnuba wax I put on it, not clear coat. Over time the green turned to light blue. 

I understand that things may be hard to decipher over the net, but my response is clear.

Again:
SWest said the colors on the old tank dont match the colors on the new tank.

I explained that the clear coat on the OLD TANK failed, and though I put carnuba wax on the OLD TANK to protect it, the stripes STILL faded.

In no way did I say, connote or imply that I would ever put carnuba wax on my newly painted tank, which is what you implied.

I know better than to wax a newly painted tank. However someone might find your info useful, so thanks for that.

Im going riding with friends now. Hope some, if not all of you, are out riding or otherwise enjoying the day.

Hi everyone. Its as I said above.
Thanks

WOOO HOOO KZ650 Candy Emerald Green. All done with Repaint! 08 Apr 2023 15:22 #882726

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

Not correct. You explained the pic was a camera error showing the top line as blue. You went back and edited most of your posts. I'll be taking screen shots more often. 
BTW I hope you will ride with boots instead of those white tennis shoes. The ankles you save might be your own. 
Steve 

1. I would never say my camera had an error because almost NO ONE uses cameras these days. We have iphones that take our photos and those photos are color-corrected and accurate. So no, never said that and very few ppl say or use proper "cameras" these days.
2. If you choose not to tell the truth, thats fine. Im not going to argue with you or provide entertainment because clearly you have a lot of time on your hands. I just got back in. Hope your day was good.
3. If you want to catalog my posts, be my guest. I dont have time in my life to catalog anything but the wonderful things my kids do, preserving those memories...