GPZ 750 wiring
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
Yesterday 18:20Still noneput your red probe on the black wire that has none and push the starter button..
voltage?
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- F64
-
- Away
- User
-

Registered
- 81-KZ440D2
- Posts: 1219
- Thanks: 448
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
Yesterday 18:22
your switch is bad
take a small wire and jumper both black wires
does the starter turn?
take a small wire and jumper both black wires
does the starter turn?
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
The following user(s) said Thank You: notgoodwithnames
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
Yesterday 18:25It sure as shit did, what a great end to a 9 hour headache. I'm sure it's gonna be an absolute bitch finding an original replacementyour switch is bad
take a small wire and jumper both black wires
does the starter turn?
1983 GPZ 750
The following user(s) said Thank You: F64
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- F64
-
- Away
- User
-

Registered
- 81-KZ440D2
- Posts: 1219
- Thanks: 448
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
Yesterday 18:26
your switch may just be pitted.. you might be able to clean it
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
The following user(s) said Thank You: notgoodwithnames
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
Yesterday 18:29When I get home from work tomorrow I'll disassemble it and hit it with a wire wheel. It looked pretty clean and worked not but a few months ago, but I did have one of the solder connections fail and I redid it so maybe I fucked something up when I did that. I'll hopefully have a post by this weekend with it riding, I bought the bike in May with the intention to ride it up to Barber this year so real crunch time goin on right nowyour switch may just be pitted.. you might be able to clean it
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- F64
-
- Away
- User
-

Registered
- 81-KZ440D2
- Posts: 1219
- Thanks: 448
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
Yesterday 18:41
Well, what's good is that you know the issue.
Let us know what you find when you get the switch apart.
Let us know what you find when you get the switch apart.
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Street Fighter LTD
