GPZ 750 wiring
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 14:29
At a bit of a loss as I'm finishing reassembly, I have everything in the wiring harness plugged back together except for a single white/blue wire that goes to the junction box for accessory and a yellow/black wire that goes to the igniter. They both have a unique metal connector that I can't find anything it plugs into. The bike was running prior so I'm not sure if I misplaced something or what? Everything works currently except no start unless I bridge the starter and the headlight. If anyone knows what these go to would be much appreciated, I don't even see a white/blue in the clymer diagram
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Wookie58
-
- Offline
- Moderator
-

Registered
- Posts: 6800
- Thanks: 4285
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 15:10
Have you got a pic of the connector
1982 KZ1000 Ltd
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/617631...-82-begins?start=192
kzrider.com/forum/faq-wiki/616810-electr...-fault-finding-guide
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/617631...-82-begins?start=192
kzrider.com/forum/faq-wiki/616810-electr...-fault-finding-guide
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 15:22
First image is the two without homes, the second is all the connections. Everything else is pretty easy to figure out since they can only go one way. The kickstand safety is bypassed because the bike didn't come with a switch for it
There's some sensors that I think don't work but those can be dealt with or ignored entirely so long as I can start/stop the bike and I have a headlight to ride with. One of those times where I wish I documented my take down much better but at the time of I didn't expect an issue reassembling it
There's some sensors that I think don't work but those can be dealt with or ignored entirely so long as I can start/stop the bike and I have a headlight to ride with. One of those times where I wish I documented my take down much better but at the time of I didn't expect an issue reassembling it
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bound
-
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 252
- Thanks: 44
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 15:52
The white/blue and yellow/black connectors are accessory connectors for any extra fun bits you want to add to your bike! The white/blue one is a 12 volt feed and the yellow/black one is for the ground. Nothing has to be plugged into them! There may also be accessory connectors in the back of the bike under the seat somewhere.
1982 KZ1000M2 CSR
1983 KZ440D5 LTD
1985 GPz 550A2
Craig
1983 KZ440D5 LTD
1985 GPz 550A2
Craig
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 15:57
Excellent so that means I have a continuity break somewhere else. At least now I know what to look for
I also read more apparently the headlight only turns on when the bike is actively running, so hopefully that's the case
I also read more apparently the headlight only turns on when the bike is actively running, so hopefully that's the case
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- bound
-
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 252
- Thanks: 44
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 16:12 - 28 Sep 2026 16:14Im afraid thats not the case... but if you're having issues with your electrics then please let us know what you're struggling with so we can help!Excellent so that means I have a continuity break somewhere else. At least now I know what to look for
I also read more apparently the headlight only turns on when the bike is actively running, so hopefully that's the case
1982 KZ1000M2 CSR
1983 KZ440D5 LTD
1985 GPz 550A2
Craig
1983 KZ440D5 LTD
1985 GPz 550A2
Craig
Last edit: 28 Sep 2026 16:14 by bound.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- F64
-
- Away
- User
-

Registered
- 81-KZ440D2
- Posts: 1219
- Thanks: 448
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 16:32 - 28 Sep 2026 16:39
so your starter button and the headlight are the only things not working?
also put your year/model of motorcycle in your signature line on your profile.
I'm have to look back at your previous posts to see what exact bike you have
also put your year/model of motorcycle in your signature line on your profile.
I'm have to look back at your previous posts to see what exact bike you have
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Last edit: 28 Sep 2026 16:39 by F64.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 16:37
The only thing left is gonna be why the starter button doesn't work. Continuity between red and red/yellow, 12v when leads are on ground and both sides. Continuity from button to starter itself
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 16:38
Yes but the Clymer manual states that with the RLU the light won't come on until the motor is running so I'm discounting that until I get this part done
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- F64
-
- Away
- User
-

Registered
- 81-KZ440D2
- Posts: 1219
- Thanks: 448
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 16:47 - 28 Sep 2026 16:50
how did you defeat the side stand safety switch connector?
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Last edit: 28 Sep 2026 16:50 by F64.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- notgoodwithnames
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- User
-

Registered
- Posts: 43
- Thanks: 4
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
28 Sep 2026 16:57
The previous owner crimped the brown and g/w together under the sprocket cover
1983 GPZ 750
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- F64
-
- Away
- User
-

Registered
- 81-KZ440D2
- Posts: 1219
- Thanks: 448
Re: GPZ 750 wiring
Yesterday 17:28 - Yesterday 17:31
meter the g/w wire at the junction box.
put your volt meter on DC V.
black probe on the G/W wire.
red probe on the positive battery post.
what is your voltage?
put your volt meter on DC V.
black probe on the G/W wire.
red probe on the positive battery post.
what is your voltage?
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY
Last edit: Yesterday 17:31 by F64.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Street Fighter LTD
