Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 26 Jun 2006 15:21 #57324

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
GAS:
My bike also ran fine with black sooty plugs until I changed my coils. My plugs got tan, and my pipes are turning blue. I didn't do the electrical upgrade, just swapped my original coils with Dynas.

I think you're unfair to WG. I know I've saved alot of money by reading his posts, and not just regarding carbs. Members that have a KZ-related business? I say the more the merrier. Just give me the link.
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 26 Jun 2006 17:05 #57341

• tfh903
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
Children, Children....
If you can't or won't play nice together, You will go sit in different corners (facing the corners) untill you decide to play nice!!

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 27 Jun 2006 03:10 #57438

• The Fish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
wiredgeorge wrote:

"the Fish" - The word is "touted" not toted. If you feel I have promoted my business interests by providing free advice which generates good will, I believe there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, it is good business practice.

On the other hand, if you feel I have advertised my carburetor rebuilding and sales business in any way, please take examples to Stein, the board owner. I am sure this is against the rules and I have done my best to NEVER violate these rules.

Last, my signature is allowed to contain a link to my "wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors" web site since it doesn't make reference to the business or indicate any sort of a solitication otherwise.

In ALL my advice, I have told folks HOW to do their own work which, in actuality, probably causes me to lose business. In addition, I have ALWAYS freely pointed out when I thought a problem with a bike was electrical or engine related and not carburetor related; both on this board and in private.

Anyway, God bless Canada and our unhappy brothers to the north. Contact Stein with complaints, because as one of his moderators, I suppose I had best quit replying to any of this as it can only make me appear silly. Cheers!

Thanks for the no charge spelling lesson.

The rules learly state that " product or service advertising is stricly prohibited". It is rule #1.

Heres a post wehere you clearly solicit carb repair sales instead of giving free online help

kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...ew/id,18311/catid,3/

and I'll quote

wiredgeorge wrote:

Go to my web site and fill out the custom contact form. Send some money and the carburetors and just like magic, the carburetors will show up on your door step a few weeks later... they will work properly and the little annoying holes will all be fixed hehe Dang, since we shipped you off to Okiehomer, you have lost all sense bwhahahaha

You say you do your best to never violate the rules, but you clearly break them to solicit business.

Fish

Post edited by: The Fish, at: 2006/06/27 06:11

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 27 Jun 2006 05:56 #57449

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The exchange between GG and myself was not a solicitation of business. It was a joke. If you read the thread in context, you will note that he clearly had been asking me to divulge a technique I use in my business that I will not willing to divulge. He asked NUMEROUS times after stating HE was taking in other peoples carburetors to repair them and that it wasn't that hard to do. I responded for him to gain the info he wanted, to fill out a customer contact form and pay for the information. JOKE. If you read the exchange in context, there is little doubt he wasn't likely to become a customer plus he has already stated MANY times, he rebuilt his own carburetors and wasn't looking for help in this way.

the Fish, PLEASE contact Stein with your complaints, the site owner. It is your right as a member of this forum. I said I wasn't going to respond to you and I did. I appologize for mis-stating and it won't happen again but I ask that you take your examples of my misbehavior and contact Stein with them. Cheers!
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 29 Jun 2006 19:14 #58161

• hwms
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
wiredgeorge wrote:

Go to my web site and fill out the custom contact form. Send some money and the carburetors and just like magic, the carburetors will show up on your door step a few weeks later... they will work properly and the little annoying holes will all be fixed hehe Dang, since we shipped you off to Okiehomer, you have lost all sense bwhahahaha

At the usual risk of being swated when I post I would say that I beleive George was just being facetious.

It would appear that these postings are good (??) examples of someone asking a question and then not accepting the answer, not agreeing with the answer or
insulting the one that answered.

If you do not want the answer do not ask the damn question !

Post edited by: hwms, at: 2006/06/29 22:16

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 29 Jun 2006 19:22 #58163

• arai59
  • Visitor
burp..............

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 30 Jun 2006 05:08 #58217

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
hwms wrote:
It would appear that these postings are good (??) examples of someone asking a question and then not accepting the answer, not agreeing with the answer or
insulting the one that answered.

If you do not want the answer do not ask the damn question ![/quote]

Damn Harry, So if you ask how to fix something on your bike and I answer with "Just sell the bike, it's not worth the money to fix it.", should you just take my answer as the gospel truth and get rid of the bike?
:blink: :laugh:

Seriously though, there are two things at play here. First guitargeek was correct to ask for the what the material used to fix the hole was, it is no different than asking what type of paint you used to get the paint to stick to your engine or headers. Second if George considers this a trade secret to his business then that is OK too, this would be within his rights to share or not share what he has learned through trial and error.

All that said, the failure that brought on this little spat, was that George mentioned he could repair the diaphragms, to which guitargeek asked with what. George's mentioning it could only result in someone asking that question. It also could be viewed as phishing for business if you don't tell what it is you use. Guitargeek pursued it a bit too agressively after it was obvious that George wasn't going to tell. On the other side of that coin though George has to see that it looks like he only threw it out there that he could do the repair it as a business hook. Bikers who turn wrenches, being what we are, this tended to escalate.

If I may suggest a better action next time this happens would be for George not to post if he knows he won't divulge his process and to PM the person and tell them he offers the service but can't divulge the process as it is part of his livelyhood. Anyone should understand that and George should understand that they might question the validity of whether the repair will work long enough to warrant the cost.

The forum is not a place for business, it is for questions and advice. Sometimes the advice is the answer and sometimes it's not, we all should be able to say thanks for knowing the answer as well as WTF you talking about! It's how we learn, both he who asks and he who thinks he has the answer.

Post edited by: KZ_Rage, at: 2006/06/30 13:33
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 30 Jun 2006 06:13 #58230

• The Fish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Burp.......

Post edited by: The Fish, at: 2006/06/30 09:14

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 30 Jun 2006 09:11 #58261

• hwms
  • User
KZ_Rage

Touche !

Repeated reveiws of these postings have failed to discover any questions by Wireman. Therefore, I pose another question (Yes, I will accept the answer).

Has Wireman assumed a new Nom De Guerre?
)

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 30 Jun 2006 10:30 #58282

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Ooops! It was guitargeek not wireman... my bad on the member reference. Some how I got wireman mixed in to this thread. I have corrected my post so as not to drag wireman in without due cause.

The thread that WG and others are discussing is this one: kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...id,3/id,18311/#58238

No false names (Nom de Guerre) Harry, but if my senoir moments get any more frequent, look for me on the side of your milk carton.
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 30 Jun 2006 10:37 #58284

• arai59
  • Visitor
Jim it is wise to remain quiet and look ignorant than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.:laugh:

Two issues-carb synch/pilot fuel screws 30 Jun 2006 11:30 #58295

• hwms
  • User
KZ_Rage wrote:

Ooops! It was guitargeek not wireman... my bad on the member reference. Some how I got wireman mixed in to this thread. I have corrected my post so as not to drag wireman in without due cause.

The thread that WG and others are discussing is this one: kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...id,3/id,18311/#58238

No false names (Nom de Guerre) Harry, but if my senoir moments get any more frequent, look for me on the side of your milk carton.

Just wait until you have reached my age !!!