Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Thinkin' APE 31 Oct 2006 15:26 #88915

• kz-mtd
  • kz-mtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The guys at APE said that a 1327 10:25:1,435 cams is a good street set-up:huh: Do any of you BIG BLOCK KZ guys think that is a good thing:unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thinkin' APE 31 Oct 2006 15:49 #88918

• wireman
  • Visitor
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:evil: thats gonna cost ya!itll scream but itll cost ya!;) goodluck,happy wrenching!

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/11/01 08:19

Thinkin' APE 31 Oct 2006 16:10 #88922

• kz-mtd
  • User
wireman wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:evil: thats gonna cost ya!itll scream but itll cost ya!;) goodluck,happy wrenching!

why do you say that WIREMAN:whistle: If it is streetible it's ok right:unsure:

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/11/01 08:20

Thinkin' APE 31 Oct 2006 16:17 #88925

• wireman
  • Visitor
oh its definately streetable,and ape definately knows what they are doing.i just wasnt sure if youve seen the price tag yet!:P now you can see what i go through everytime i build one of my crazy projects:lol: goodluck,happy wrenching!

Thinkin' APE 31 Oct 2006 16:26 #88928

• kz-mtd
  • User
wireman wrote:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:evil: thats gonna cost ya!itll scream but itll cost ya!;) goodluck,happy wrenching!

why do you say that WIREMAN:whistle: If it is streetible it's ok right:unsure:

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/11/01 08:20

Thinkin' APE 31 Oct 2006 16:30 #88929

• wireman
  • Visitor
wireman wrote:

oh its definately streetable,and ape definately knows what they are doing.i just wasnt sure if youve seen the price tag yet!:P now you can see what i go through everytime i build one of my crazy projects:lol: goodluck,happy wrenching!

Thinkin' APE 31 Oct 2006 23:50 #89004

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
Just have to ask.If you want to go faster wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a newer bike, and have better handling too?
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Thinkin' APE 01 Nov 2006 01:38 #89009

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Yea, it would probably be easier to just go out and buy a 'Busa or a ZX12 or whatever poison you choose. BUT...sometimes, it's not about having the latest or greatest bike out of J.A.Pan & Company. Sometimes it's the challenge of building a better beast...sometimes it's knowing when you're done, YOU did it! Sometimes it's just being different. Myself, I just like the lines of a Z1/KZ. The way it seems to flow. Personally, I like to see the motor-the way it should be. My opinion, once you buy a new sportbike, you just bought a belly-button bike..everybody has one. You don't see alot of Z's around much anymore and especially one that has been updated, built stronger, painted different and made with the owners personal touches. It stands out from the crowd. AND these kids with their new mega-horsepowered bikes look down on Z's as has beens...until one of us shows them that old Z's don't die, they just get faster. Besides, they ooze character. Guess it boils down to personal choice, but I'll take a built Z and live with the old-tech. I'd rather spend money on my Z and make it faster and smoother then buy a newer sportbike, although it would be easier to buy new. Can't think of too many bikes out there that look better, smoother, has more character than a Z1/KZ. But...that's just my opinion.
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

Thinkin' APE 01 Nov 2006 03:53 #89014

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
racer54 wrote:

Yea, it would probably be easier to just go out and buy a 'Busa or a ZX12 or whatever poison you choose. BUT...sometimes, it's not about having the latest or greatest bike out of J.A.Pan .

That was nice to read! I and I think many of the guys that post here feel the same way :)

The truth is you're not going to match a well setup ZX14 and have the KZ as streetable as something like that is but you have something that is uniquely yours.

I bought my LTD way back 79 because it was different than most everything else. Same with my 84 900 Ninja. Now there's a split between the full tilt sport bikes all wrapped in plastic or the Harley clones...once again, after all these years, the LTD slips in between the two common molds.

Thinkin' APE 01 Nov 2006 05:56 #89036

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
mark1122 wrote:

Just have to ask.If you want to go faster wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a newer bike, and have better handling too?

Rookie. :P
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Thinkin' APE 01 Nov 2006 07:14 #89051

• medic24
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Racer54.. Very well said!!! And, I really like Don's answer too, lol

Thinkin' APE 01 Nov 2006 09:18 #89068

• tnutz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
yes, but take it for what it's worth, it's old heavy and out dated in the suspension dept. i love my GPZ ALOT...but in no way would i ever consider trying to make it faster than a new bike. if you want it that much faster buy a newer bike, it's seriously makes no sense to me. I just ride it and enjoy the fact that it's still way to fast for me anyways...:woohoo:

Post edited by: tnutz, at: 2006/11/01 12:19