Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Thinkin' APE 03 Nov 2006 12:39 #89552

• kz-mtd
  • kz-mtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
RON G are you runnin smaller cams:blink: 1260 I have talked to guys and even on the sight some try talking me outbecause they say I will have heat problems with big cams:whistle: and big blocks:S How does yours handle under road trips :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thinkin' APE 03 Nov 2006 15:42 #89582

• Ron G
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
The cams are Web 109's with shim under buckets in a Cope ported head with oversized valves. It starts easy with a 10-40 ignition advancer and runs on 93 octane with no pinging under load. It is tolerant of moderate stop and go and will idle at 1000rpm, no problem. Heat's never a problem as long as I'm moving, I installed an oil cooler and digital oil temperature gauge that typically reads 200-220F. I go on all day group rides and don't think twice about it (as long as I got my tool kit). ;)

Ron

Thinkin' APE 03 Nov 2006 16:40 #89593

• wireman
  • Visitor
im gonna stick with the turbo suggestion.1075 with a mild head and a turbo to forcefeed it when ya feel spunky!:evil: :P

Thinkin' APE 04 Nov 2006 15:45 #89698

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
I hear ya boys.I love my Z too.But I got spanked bad by my friends 929rr this summer.Then I took it for a ride and It was smoooth as silk.So I ordered a ZRX1200 complete rear end.It arived wednsday.YeeHaa. So that will help me keep up to him in the twisties,(next year I'll do the front end)but I still have no chance on the straights.I'm going to re-ring in hopes of a little more power.I guess buy the time I finnish I will Have a ZRX with a KZ tank.
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)