Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750 Engine bolts - difference between models (H & E) 10 Sep 2018 15:50 #790686

• Irish Yobbo
  • Irish Yobbo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 93
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHi all,

I'm looking at swapping out all my engine bolts for stainless allen bolts, a topic discussed a few times on this forum ( here specifically).

I've messaged 'searay340' about some bolts and shipping to Australia, but I have had no reply. My other option is to order from z1enterprises, which I wouldn't be an issue except that the shipping costs more than the bolts. So I'm looking at other options.

There is a kit for a KZ750 E2-E3 here:

which looks like a good option. I know that the engines on the different kz750 i4 models are much the same, but can I expect a bolt kit for an E2-E3 to work on a H2 (LTD) model?

It's the shipping that's the killer - from most US sites I'm looking at $100+ to get the kit, but for an 'E' model I can get them for half that. How much difference can I expect if I order the E model?
1981 KZ750 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Irish Yobbo.

KZ750 Engine bolts - difference between models (H & E) 11 Sep 2018 06:28 #790714

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
I bet they're the same, but I would go to partzilla & do a bolt-by-bolt comparison. open each model in a separate window for quicker comparison.

Since you're in Oz, if your bike doesn't have the Kawasaki clean air system ports, one difference between your engine & any bolt kit from the USA could be the valve cover bolts. each reed valve cover cap has 2 long bolts & 2 short ones, so you may need to order 4 extra of the other valve cover bolts (2 extra per side & I think you'd need 24 total M6x45 bolts).

searay340 has KZ650 ss kits for models with & without the smog covers.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

KZ750 Engine bolts - difference between models (H & E) 11 Sep 2018 06:52 #790717

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
Z1 has one p/n for the kit for 750E from '80-'83, and a different p/n for 750E for '81-'82. Makes no sense to me but my money is on some very small insignificant difference between them and the H kit.

KZ750 Engine bolts - difference between models (H & E) 11 Sep 2018 18:58 #790733

• Irish Yobbo
  • Irish Yobbo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 93
I followed martin_csr's advice and compared the two on partzilla. The only difference I can find is that the H models use 2 6X14 bolts, and the E models use 6X18 bolts in the same place (the clutch adjustment cover). The case that they bolt onto have different part numbers and the E model has a gasket there.

I'm guessing that the cases were slightly modified to prevent grime from getting into that area, and they used slightly longer bolts on the update. I'll order the 'E' kit, I can cut down those bolts if need be.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I tracked down the website to see if I could order directly, since our government now adds 10% tax into imports through ebay (yeah, pretty dumb, I know). I found the seller here and wouldn't you know, the same kit says that it's compatible with the H models. And cheaper too from their own site.
1981 KZ750 LTD

Last edit: by Irish Yobbo.
  • Page: