Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Start up engine after rebuild 28 Apr 2018 17:18 #782550

• gordone
  • gordone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Today have I taken a longer trip and the bile is working fine in general, but I experience some load alternation approx +/- 50% throotle.
I think has nothing todo with the RPM.

If I have throotle within 1/3 it goes stable and it increase stable and in the 3/3 range 60-70% it also looks to be steady. Have not tried more then 70% throtle get some more miles first.

Exampe:
Crusing with 30% throotle everyting is stable, increase up to aporox 50% it acclerated but it also give load alternation...

Increase throotle further its disepear ...

When it disepear I also got much more power, the throotle is not linear to force.

I hope these is understable to understand what I try to explain. :)

What can the problem be?

The load alternation is not so heave that I todo something with the throtle.. but I need todo something.

Thank you.
1981 KZ650-D4, with 1981 z750L engine (Wiensco 810 big bore).

Project:
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/607213...sr-1981-z750l-engine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Start up engine after rebuild 28 Apr 2018 17:52 #782554

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
Carb jetting issues is my guess.

Last edit: by Nessism.

Start up engine after rebuild 28 Apr 2018 17:58 #782555

• gordone
  • Sustaining Member

Nessism wrote: Carb jetting issues is my guess.

In the overlap from pilot jet to main jet?
Main 112.5
Pilot 17.5

I remember I had something identical with the 750 orginal pistons, but then the problem was so small I dident do anything with it.

What shall I try with the jets?
Only the main I need to increase?

Project:

Start up engine after rebuild 29 Apr 2018 08:27 #782589

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
What carbs are those....... I thought we talked about em but can't find it........Not sure but a Z750L motor on the net says it uses 32mm CV Keihin's but those are are not that. Thinking they might be 24mm slide carbs off a 650 by looking at them but not sure. Anyway the needle would supply the fuel in the mid range and might need to be raised a notch. Thinking your main and pilots should be damn close. I'd say get a few more miles on it and see what a few others think.

Also some might blame the pods VS the stock air box for the mid range being a little bit bit off but they've always worked good for me. ( won't argue about them not really producing much of a power increase) I mainly like the ease of getting them off and the looks. Sometimes a strong side wind will affect mid range range riding been talked about and I've seen that too.

Didn't really read your build thread all the way through till a few days ago and you did a really nice job on the motor, paint, going over things etc Have fun. Very much like the color and was thinking about something very close on my second tank and covers.
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Start up engine after rebuild 29 Apr 2018 09:12 #782593

• gordone
  • Sustaining Member

KZB2 650 wrote: What carbs are those....... I thought we talked about em but can't find it........Not sure but a Z750L motor on the net says it uses 32mm CV Keihin's but those are are not that. Thinking they might be 24mm slide carbs off a 650 by looking at them but not sure. Anyway the needle would supply the fuel in the mid range and might need to be raised a notch. Thinking your main and pilots should be damn close. I'd say get a few more miles on it and see what a few others think.

Also some might blame the pods VS the stock air box for the mid range being a little bit bit off but they've always worked good for me. ( won't argue about them not really producing much of a power increase) I mainly like the ease of getting them off and the looks. Sometimes a strong side wind will affect mid range range riding been talked about and I've seen that too.

Didn't really read your build thread all the way through till a few days ago and you did a really nice job on the motor, paint, going over things etc Have fun. Very much like the color and was thinking about something very close on my second tank and covers.

Not to offense none of you, all inputs and feedback is greatly appreciated !
I started a new threat just for these specific problem so more people can read about instead mixing it with the start up.
www.kzrider.com/forum/2-engine/608313-he...big-bore-engine-vm24

The carb is VM 24.
The needle height is one step higher? lower? then middle. one step so you get more fuel, should I try to take it one step further ?

I`m running the same setup I had with original 750 CC pistons.

I have added more info to the other threat.

Project:

Last edit: by gordone.