Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Knee Dents in the stock tank... PHASE TWO CUTTING DONE!!!! 24 Dec 2005 21:10 #14513

• bkitchen
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
A suggestion for getting in those tight corners is to use a large diameter drill bit and drill right where the corner would be. I made a quick drawing of what I'm talking about. The blue is the cut lines and the red is the drilled hole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... PHASE TWO CUTTING DONE!!!! 24 Dec 2005 23:24 #14518

• Aloha Mr Hand Z1R
  • User
OK ok I've stayed out of the fray... but that Honda has 'The Look'. I'm building a cafe project (note sig) in my mind right now, but on the bench soon, and that bike has exactly the look I'm going for. And the technical data that is somewhere in this thread is what I'll keep coming back for.

Thanks KZReeder and TWT for stoking the fire (I'm not too proud to take advice from a 25 yr old 'kid')... Chet and guitargeek have good things to say too.

I love the tech data and step by step pics are a plus. Keep it coming.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... PHASE TWO CUTTING DONE!!!! 24 Dec 2005 23:34 #14519

• twowheeledterror
  • twowheeledterror's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Aloha Mr Hand Z1R wrote:

OK ok I've stayed out of the fray... but that Honda has 'The Look'. I'm building a cafe project (note sig) in my mind right now, but on the bench soon, and that bike has exactly the look I'm going for. And the technical data that is somewhere in this thread is what I'll keep coming back for.

Thanks KZReeder and TWT for stoking the fire (I'm not too proud to take advice from a 25 yr old 'kid')... Chet and guitargeek have good things to say too.

I love the tech data and step by step pics are a plus. Keep it coming.

You can thanks Benjie for the Honda cafe bike. He makes really good stuff... not as big of a operation as Carpy, but nice. I think his shop is on Hiatus... but he did build that honda for someone famous you know...

Ryan Dunn from Jackass!

Off topic text deleted! 25 Dec 2005 06:20 #14529

• ronboskz650sr
  • User

Post edited by: ronboskz650sr, at: 2006/01/21 12:47

screwed up the !#%^**# computer again 25 Dec 2005 08:37 #14548

• wireman
  • Visitor
yep i screwed up the !#%^**# computer again so im gonna be wireman for a couple days till i can get my wireguy password e-mailed to me ,heeeeelp!(please!!!!!!!!)anyway can we get back to the actual building of the tank? this is getting worse than o.c.c!if this wouldve been a cooking show we would be looking at a lot of half cooked meals,come on guys a lot of us are getting hungry!haha

Post edited by: kzcsi, at: 2005/12/25 11:43

screwed up the !#%^**# computer again 25 Dec 2005 09:01 #14550

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
wireman wrote:

yep i screwed up the !#%^**# computer again so im gonna be wireman for a couple days till i can get my wireguy password e-mailed to me ,heeeeelp!(please!!!!!!!!)anyway can we get back to the actual building of the tank? this is getting worse than o.c.c!if this wouldve been a cooking show we would be looking at a lot of half cooked meals,come on guys a lot of us are getting hungry!haha<br><br>Post edited by: kzcsi, at: 2005/12/25 11:43

The builder won't be in today. His girlfriends mother is cooking prime rib and cheesy mashed potatos. hahaha

I'll try to get some stuff done early this coming week. I need to strip the tank down and get it ready to weld, so now you know what's to come. :)

screwed up the !#%^**# computer again 25 Dec 2005 09:04 #14553

• mykznme
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1

The builder won't be in today. His girlfriends mother is cooking prime rib and cheesy mashed potatos. hahaha

ok you can have today off but only because its cristmas.

tomorrow the whip cracks again.:evil:

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

screwed up the !#%^**# computer again 25 Dec 2005 09:34 #14558

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
mykznme wrote:

ok you can have today off but only because its cristmas.

tomorrow the whip cracks again.:evil:

Thank you kindly boss! :)

Knee Dents in the stock tank... PHASE TWO CUTTING DONE!!!! 25 Dec 2005 09:49 #14561

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
What kind of tank is on this black Honda?
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Knee Dents in the stock tank... PHASE TWO CUTTING DONE!!!! 25 Dec 2005 12:06 #14573

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
OKC_Kent wrote:

What kind of tank is on this black Honda?

That's one that Benjie hand fabricated for that project. He wanted the tank to look like a whale, hence the name of that bike: The Black Whale

More bikes from Benjie
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

Knee Dents in the stock tank... PHASE TWO CUTTING DONE!!!! 17 Jan 2006 23:14 #18395

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
Tank stripped and prepped for tacking.

You can see a few spots where there are dents. I toyed with polishing this tank, but I think I'll end up painting it after using some filler in the side panels and stuff.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... PHASE TWO CUTTING DONE!!!! 18 Jan 2006 00:16 #18398

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
  • Thank you received: 50
Damn you, now I'm gonna have to do something with my tank.

Actually, I was bidding on one from an '82 GPz750, but Klacko got it instead...
1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"