Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 03:19 #14211

• ibsen22000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
twowheeledterror wrote:

Believe me, you're not telling me anything new about cafe racers. I've been into these bikes for years and years now... quite literally long before I was even old enough to ride one.

Your information you are reading to tell me about didn't sink in too well. ;)

Considering that I've ridden a god number of these bikes I can tell you this... Vincents are neat, but they won't handle like a featherbed does.

In "most cases" they did not use a dresda. Dresda is a guy. Not a company. He made custom tanks... you really think he made enough to supply every cafe racer of the era? lol The point of these bikes was that they were built by people very DIY, and if you know about the econimic and political position in the UK during this era, people weren't exactly wiping their asses with 50 pound notes. A lot of the kids would just build a lot of their own stuff.

As for where cafe racers came from, that's called an opinion.

Please feel free to see my last post for a photo of a
And I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but please refrain from trying to educate me abotu cafe racers. It's great that you're getting into them too, but you're preaching to the choir. :)[/quote]

I didn't have the time to read your post carefully the other day, and I didn't wan't stir things up more than you already had. But I do agree with those who are telling you to take a look at your attitude.
It is way out of line, and it reclects the fact that many of the members here could be your grandfather. We have all been teenagers, and felt that we were the masters of the universe from timt to time, but we also knew where the thin red line goes.
You wan't to be an individual, with your own style. Thats fine, and I wish you good luck with it. But a true individual also knows how to adress people in a polite manner. In fact that is one of the marks of being a true individual.

I guess this will be my last post on this forum, since it has developed in a way thay I personally find annoying. So I wish you, and all the others a Merry Christmas, and good luck with your future projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 08:53 #14265

• twowheeledterror
  • twowheeledterror's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor

ibsen22000 wrote:
I didn't have the time to read your post carefully the other day, and I didn't wan't stir things up more than you already had. But I do agree with those who are telling you to take a look at your attitude.
It is way out of line, and it reclects the fact that many of the members here could be your grandfather. We have all been teenagers, and felt that we were the masters of the universe from timt to time, but we also knew where the thin red line goes.
You wan't to be an individual, with your own style. Thats fine, and I wish you good luck with it. But a true individual also knows how to adress people in a polite manner. In fact that is one of the marks of being a true individual.

I guess this will be my last post on this forum, since it has developed in a way thay I personally find annoying. So I wish you, and all the others a Merry Christmas, and good luck with your future projects.

You're entitled to your own opinion.

I don't think individuality has anything to do with how you treat others... considering individuality is something to do with yourself, and not others or your relationships with others.

I think you mean that my attitude isn't "professional"? If so, that's fine. I'm not a professional person.

And being "polite" doesn't really mean anything in the real world. Most people who made something of themselves in life didn't get there by playing "politely". It's reality.

You know, if everyone is expecting people to buy them ice cream cones and hug and sing kumbaya for the rest of their life, and is gonna get upset when someone rubs them the wrong way, well, it's gonna be a sucky life for you people.

Accept it. Some people disagree, and some people are brash about disagreeing. It's life, and there's nothing you can do about it.

You can decide how to react though. You can get upset or you can just deal with it and go on with your day.

Post edited by: twowheeledterror, at: 2005/12/23 11:53

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 12:15 #14291

• kwakagoose
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
The Goose likes it. Moore pics after tig welding. Please.

Post edited by: kwakagoose, at: 2005/12/23 15:19

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 13:08 #14294

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
kwakagoose wrote:

The Goose likes it. Moore pics after tig welding. Please.<br><br>Post edited by: kwakagoose, at: 2005/12/23 15:19

You know, if there's one thing I am sure of when doing these mods it's that the Goose will like them. :) I think of that while at work. haha

"Who cares if other people hate on it... the Good will like it!"

Jimmy the Goose... larger than life, and twice as ugly! ;) ahaha

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 18:12 #14341

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
Indian Larrys last Bike Buildoff, They tack welded some rod material to the outside of the tank then beat the crap out of it for no seam indents. Looked cool when the tank was done, But it too was alot of work.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 18:15 #14342

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
ran429 wrote:

Indian Larrys last Bike Buildoff, They tack welded some rod material to the outside of the tank then beat the crap out of it for no seam indents. Looked cool when the tank was done, But it too was alot of work.

Indian Larry was an amazing custom fabricator. That guy had some great designs. I don't really like that style of bike either, but man, they were just fluid.

I've kinda studied a lot of his stuff just for the aesthetics of it.

I'm personally really oppositional to the OCC thing. I think their bikes are hideous, their style is disgusting, and their lack of really building much of anything, yet getting the kind of credit they do makes me sad. lol Then again, I'm not the moron paying for them to ASSEMBLE (notice, I didn't say build?) a bike for me. haha

Jesse James. Good style, and he fabs a LOT of stuff. Me gusta! :)

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 18:25 #14345

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
I did happen to nitice that, I havent seen NOT ONE of their shows where they fabricate their OWN frame, forks anything. everything is stocked in their system.

Im not a real fan of their bikes either, Old School is What I like. Theme bikes sit in a Crowded room with other theme bikes and never really get any mileage.

I would really like to see a bike build show which takes a Beat down pile of crap as the mossbeater was and film someone make it scream as I did the mossbeater. That would be a very followed show.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 18:38 #14347

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
You'll never see them make any frames. haha

They are idiots. Seriously... I can't help but wince when I see them building a bike.

Speaking of amazing bikes...

Post edited by: twowheeledterror, at: 2005/12/23 21:39

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 19:17 #14353

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I like watching OCC, but I don't consider it bike-building. It's like a guy version of those shows on the Food Network where people make big artistic things out of chocolate and sugar. I wouldn't call the end result a dessert, but it still takes some amount of work to design it and put it all together.

Trailer queens don't appeal to me, but I understand that they do appeal to some people. As an advertising mechanism, I'd rather see someone putting a positive spin on motorcycle riding than paying for pop-up ads or something equally annoying. OCC doesn't pretend that their bikes are anything other than showpieces. If they did I think I'd be as annoyed as everyone else seems to be!

And at least they start with a bare frame and put a bike together instead of tearing apart an existing bike.

Now Boyd Coddington is another story. That guy takes cars with potential, and makes them into ugly piles of junk. I can respect fabrication, but only when there's something like taste involved somewhere in the process.

Which brings me back to the topic. TWT, I don't think anyone would be happy to see you stop sharing your progress. Even for those us don't have the tools, space, and skill to pull off your projects, it's nice to dream. And as you said, it's possible that someone will be inspired to try to personalize their own bike as a result.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 23 Dec 2005 19:48 #14357

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
GargantuChet wrote:

Now Boyd Coddington is another story. That guy takes cars with potential, and makes them into ugly piles of junk. I can respect fabrication, but only when there's something like taste involved somewhere in the process.

hahahahaha

That has got to be the greatest quote EVER!

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 24 Dec 2005 09:14 #14389

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thats "billet boyd conington"the only really neat thing i ever saw on that show was the anti billet,anti tech ford pickup mike drove across the country!but thats just my opinion.

Knee Dents in the stock tank... do it up. 24 Dec 2005 10:02 #14395

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
wireguy wrote:

thats "billet boyd conington"the only really neat thing i ever saw on that show was the anti billet,anti tech ford pickup mike drove across the country!but thats just my opinion.

I've never even watched more than 5 minutes of the show. There's something about him that irritates the crap out of me. Maybe it's the tinted glasses and the hawaiian shirt he wears while he's just walking around telling his moron employees to get to work while he "manages" the business. ahaha