Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Please help me time my Dyna S...(FINALLY RESOLVED!) 06 Sep 2006 17:17 #74949

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 181
Dyna was investigating - that was the last status. Your old ignition and another one (from a KZ650) all had the same issue.

I'll pursue them more.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please help me time my Dyna S... 11 Sep 2006 13:41 #75924

• stever
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Jeff I will be interested to hear what they have to say.
Steve

Please help me time my Dyna S... 11 Sep 2006 15:23 #75949

• Slammed
  • User
I would like to know if this would cover my 1981 KZ650 I have no spark at all and have trying everything I could to get it to work ??:unsure:

I have the Dyna II I think I dont know how to tell but if you need anymore info please let me know B)

Please help me time my Dyna S... 23 Sep 2006 19:23 #79059

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
Dynatek said the problem with the bad units was a misalignment with the pickups (I think that one was kinda obvious...).

Interestingly, they are making some design modifications to the Dyna-S as we speak. They have temporarily stopped production of the Dyna-S while they retool. Supposedly, the new Dyna-S's will be shipping in a couple of weeks.

Dyna has also reworked the Dyna 2000 units - the new ones are now programmable with some software called curvemaker - which will come with a serial port cable to connect your ignition box to your PC...
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Please help me time my Dyna S... 26 Sep 2006 12:09 #79789

• stever
  • User
Jeff,
Is there any chance that the new one you sent me, which I again only just got to align will fail, ie will the misaligned pick ups come loose??

Please help me time my Dyna S... 28 Sep 2006 10:02 #80263

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
Stever - I don't think so.

One interesting point another customer uncovered - they had a unit where the backplate on the ignition was backwards. The ignition pickups were stuck at 7:30 and 1:30 rather than 9 and 3 - they reversed the backplate and the timing was perfect... ...one of the backplates was stamped on the wrong side, and misassembled as a consequence. The backplates are not symmetrical - although at first glance they look like it - the mounting screws for the pickups are drilled at different angles.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,