Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 18:52 #147876

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I'm at work right now and the photobucket pictures won't show up. If you upload them directly onto KZrider, via the "browse" button when you post, I'll be able to see them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 19:02 #147879

• Jay1823
  • Jay1823's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ok lets see if i did this right
Attachments:

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 19:04 #147880

• Jay1823
  • User
Basically how do the wires in the simplified diagram coordinate with my picture. I just hooked up some shit and things started smoking so i'm definately doing something wrong.

Post edited by: Jay1823, at: 2007/06/09 22:05
Attachments:

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 19:06 #147882

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
Yeah, that's what I figured would happen. I would stay away from that old rectifier. It may be toast.

So you connected the three stator wires to the light green, pink, and yellow of the rectifier?

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2007/06/09 22:07

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 19:10 #147883

• Jay1823
  • User
Yeah i know those were right, i never screwed with those. But i have no idea where the green goes. Im just curious how positive and ground go to it anyway without it frying. This is so damn annoying.

Post edited by: Jay1823, at: 2007/06/09 22:22
Attachments:

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 19:16 #147887

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
I can't see the rectifier photo either, but going on memory (bad idea..), I recall a red wire and a bolt with a copper eyelet on it, but I don't remember a wire on the eyelet. You are saying that eyelet has a green wire to it?

If so, I think you have it wired right, but the rectifier is just shorted out. I really wouldn't be able to guess any other wiring scheme for that rectifier.

You could try to build that one I gave a link to, or try to get a new KZ rectifier from Z1enterprises.

Sorry I don't have any better advice than that. :(

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 19:28 #147891

• Jay1823
  • User
That pics up i was busy resizing it while you were probably looking for it. Well i went to that site and that diagram is a bunch of jibberish to me, i have no clue what that's try to describe. I don't knwo shit about diodes, resistors and all that other fun stuff. Man i'm getting so pissed off. I shoudl have taken pictures before i dismantled this piece of junk. Even though the wiring was a mess it still ran fine. I have a feelign i'm stayign home on Tuesday while everyoen else is having fun riding.

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 19:44 #147900

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
Well, sorry. That thing looks like it may be a single-phase rectifier, but you need a 3-phase. If you use it, you won't get full power from it. That is if it's even a rectifier (which it looks like), and it's not toasted, which it seems like.

Does that copper ring connect directly to the green wire?

If you don't want to build one, then I guess you'll have to wait to order one, or run the bike on battery alone, but the lights will kill it quickly. If you run it with ignition only, a good battery might last a half hour.

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 20:04 #147908

• Jay1823
  • User
Yes that ring connects to the green wire. And i'm sure it's the correct one becuase like i said it ran fine before, it's something i'm doing wrong or not quite understanding. If my dumbass took soem pictures and wrote down some notes i'd be fine, but again i'm a dumbass.

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 21:24 #147930

• Jay1823
  • User
Ok i guess i'm not a complete moron. I thought i'd just leave the rectifier out of my equation and see if i could get everything else working. Wallah it starts with no problem....but i need to know how the rectifier, regulator and the battery all tie together in harmony :). If you guys can help me with that i'll be having fun on Tuesday.

I need some wiring help guys 09 Jun 2007 22:49 #147943

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
The alternator provides electrical power for the bike. The power is AC, alternating-current. The bike needs DC, direct-current. The rectifier converts the AC to DC. The regulator controls the alternator in order to control the voltage on the electrical system.

I need some wiring help guys 10 Jun 2007 06:01 #147970

• Jay1823
  • User
loudhvx wrote:

The alternator provides electrical power for the bike. The power is AC, alternating-current. The bike needs DC, direct-current. The rectifier converts the AC to DC. The regulator controls the alternator in order to control the voltage on the electrical system.

Yeah i spent some time online searching to find out what all this stuff does. Haha still doesn't help me hook it up.