Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need a bs34 carb 02 Dec 2006 13:18 #96825

• gpzrox
  • gpzrox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Simple story: Carbs overflow majorly after a good cleaning. Figure that needles aren't seating properly, remove a float pin that I must have put in wrong: pin holder broke.

Gonna work with some J weld or something, but want to replace the carb.

Now considering that it was the outside carb, opposite the choke side, I imagine that I could use the carbs from several different models, lets say some of the 1000 series Kawis, and maybe some of the twin Yamahas. Am I correct in thinking this.

I know that I would change the internals to what I have, but the outer body should be the same, right, as long as it is the correct side.

Thanks guys. I am almost physically sick right now, but I will work through it.
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need a bs34 carb 03 Dec 2006 13:46 #97067

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
First, the air jets on the various BS34 carbs are different sizes and you will have tuning problems if you stick a carb from some other type assembly. Get one that matches your set. Next, you can use any of the four carburetors if you remove the arm that goes through the butterfly and swap the butterfly and arm stuff in. The only thing you will have to account for is the fuel flow. The 2 and 3 carbs have holes in both inlets so if your "new" carb doesn't have a hole where it is supposed to, you can drill a hole to where gas hits the seat using a 1/8" drill bit. You may have to JB Weld one side if gas flow isn't appropriate. The nice thing about 34s is that all all carbs from the same assembly are essentially the same EXCEPT the gas holes.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Need a bs34 carb 04 Dec 2006 03:15 #97295

• gpzrox
  • gpzrox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Wired. I'll mull over that.

LP
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

• Page: