Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

26mm carb parts? 10 Nov 2006 23:07 #91168

• sbjones
  • sbjones's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
as some of you know i am building up my 26mm carbs right now. so far i am having some problems getting parts.

i have wrote to z1, with no answer. this is strange to me, they usually got back to me right away. but for some reason not this time?

so i need some other routes, maybe if z1 doesn't get back to me in time. i am looking for a rebuild kit for my 26's.

thanks you!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26mm carb parts? 10 Nov 2006 23:11 #91169

• sbjones
  • User
just to set this straight before i look like i am bashing z1. they have been great to me in the past. ans i will try again to contact them before i go any where else.

but i am just looking, just in case i can't get a hold of them for some odd reason!!!!!!

thanks

26mm carb parts? 11 Nov 2006 07:23 #91199

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
It's probably just the very common "We don't have what you are wanting, so no need to reply". I've never bought from Z1, but all the other 6 million companies on the net are this way, so I'd assume Z1 would make it 6 million and one.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

26mm carb parts? 11 Nov 2006 08:12 #91205

• wireman
  • Visitor
RonKZ650 wrote:

It's probably just the very common "We don't have what you are wanting, so no need to reply". I've never bought from Z1, but all the other 6 million companies on the net are this way, so I'd assume Z1 would make it 6 million and one.

ouch!:blink:
Attachments:

26mm carb parts? 11 Nov 2006 14:35 #91275

• sbjones
  • User
i gotta say, ron that when i asked for some thing in thepast from z1 that they didn't have, they gave me a name that i could contact to get what i was asking for.

so unless they have changed their ways of doing things i don't think it is that way, atleast i hope not!!!!!!

26mm carb parts? 11 Nov 2006 20:08 #91340

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Ron, The folks at Z1Enterprises.com just moved to a new building to enable them to greatly enhance their ability to stock products and they added a new employee to help keep up with the correspondence. I am sure that since you haven't ordered from the but are willing to bash them, there must be some good reason for your bitterness against them so I will just leave it at that but Jeff, the owner, is a very good friend of mine and one of the few totally honest fellas out there. In addition, he makes most of his decisions based on what is good for the motorcyclist... not to make a quick buck and seeing them drug through the mud doesn't sit well...

Mr. Jones, I would give them a call on Monday and find out why your email dropped through the cracks.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

26mm carb parts? 11 Nov 2006 21:15 #91361

• sbjones
  • User
wg, i think i will do that. thank you for letting me know that they have moved and other things.

like i mentioned before, jeff and z1 has never let medown before. they are my first for parts for my kz for sure!!!!!!!

26mm carb parts? 12 Nov 2006 01:23 #91381

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I know that we are not supposed to turn these threads into advertising for retailers, but Z1 has been very reputable in every way in my dealings with them. I won't go into details, but Jeff cares a LOT about the customers and he proved it to me.

26mm carb parts? 12 Nov 2006 08:05 #91408

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
loudhvx wrote:

I know that we are not supposed to turn these threads into advertising for retailers, but Z1 has been very reputable in every way in my dealings with them. I won't go into details, but Jeff cares a LOT about the customers and he proved it to me.

And to me -- more than once.

Howdy, Ron -- would agree there are precious few out there who really spoil us; however, in this case it's not 6 million and 1, but more apt to be 1 in 6 million.
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

26mm carb parts? 12 Nov 2006 18:36 #91512

• sbjones
  • User
just a little update. i got an mail from z1 about the changes at their company. i have sent an email to them about my carb parts i need with some more questions.

wg. thank you for backing up the idea of contacting them again, they actually contacted me, gotta love that.!!!!!!!

i will post pics of the carbs when done. just a note here. that carbs were in dirt when i got them, covered in dirt totally. so it will take alot of cleaning up to get them to be right!!!!!!!!

:cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

26mm carb parts? 13 Nov 2006 08:06 #91653

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I honestly don't understand Ron well. He is by far, one of our most knowledgeable and helpful members but sometimes goes off for no apparant reason. I could see knocking a company that had burned him but to knock the Z1Ent folks without ever having ordered from them seems strange. I hope Ron takes the opportunity to test Z1Ent's customer service skills and perhaps change his mind. Anyway, glad this worked out...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

26mm carb parts? 14 Nov 2006 08:37 #91993

• mariozappa
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
It's because Ron is a troll!

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2006/11/15 10:11
1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)
Attachments:

• Page: