Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

carb idle circuit 22 Oct 2006 16:18 #86320

• arobsum
  • arobsum's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
on my kz1000, i can turn the #1 carb idle air screw all the way in and the idle doesn't change on the engine.
i take the carbs off and spray cleaner thru the idle circuit and no clogs are noticed. what else would cause this problem? i've cleaned out every port i can see on these carbs. am i missing something? at highway speeds these carbs work great. i only have problems at low speeds putting around. thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

carb idle circuit 26 Oct 2006 19:57 #87686

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Playing with idle air screw may/will not change idle speed. What mods done to bike (intake, exhaust or internals)? Need more info on syptoms and engine state of tune.

carb idle circuit 27 Oct 2006 16:26 #87852

• arobsum
  • User
i believe it is stock, except for the 4 into 1 open exhaust and the k & n filters.. if i screw in #4 carb, the idle drops and it sputters and dies. i screw in #1 and nothing changes. i've cleaned it out (at least i think i did). i can spray carb cleaner thru the ports with no obstruction. i do not know what else would cause this. could it be partially clogged?

carb idle circuit 28 Oct 2006 08:15 #87986

• arobsum
  • User
i think i found the problem. i am using emgo filters..i saw a thread a while back showing that the emgo's have a fat inner lip that can obstruct the ports...i believe this is what is happening to me.

• Page: