• Page:

TOPIC:

any help leaning mixture out? 06 Oct 2006 10:01 #82243

• steveo_4192003
  • steveo_4192003's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77kz650b-1
  • Thank you received: 1
my bike runs ok but needs to run better !it bogs on take off and once it goes (after 2 secs)it runs great, the real only problem it that it runs rich.(and looks like hell (gray primer)!
i tried to lean it out with adjustment but no luck, also played with the needle setting and no luck with that.
also took air filter out and it still ran rich
is there any other way to lean out with out getting smaller jets? i belive they are all stock, but as soon as i pull them (agian) ill get the numbers and confirm they are.
if it makes a diff, the timing is on and advancer is lubed pretty good and moves freely

p.s this is for a stock 77 650 b-1 carb set all stock
1977 kz650b-1, 4-2exhaust systetm, pod filters ,jetted 112 main, 17.5 pilot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

any help leaning mixture out? 06 Oct 2006 21:40 #82385

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
it could also be poor spark. check out the coil powering mod in the filebase or on wiredgeorges web site
link to article in filebase

Have sooty spark plugs? Backfiring? Rough running? Fiddled with the mixture screws on your carburetors till you are blue in the face? The problem MAY NOT be air/fuel mixture but a poor spark even though you have invested in new ignition components! Read on! Questions/comments on this article? This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Cheers! wiredgeorge

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: