Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vacuum line connections? 07 Nov 2005 09:59 #6978

• Bud1
  • Bud1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok just out of curiosity, on my bike ('83 KZ650 with BS34 carbs stock) I've got two vacuum lines that go from carb's 1 & 4 to a tee fitting and then to the smog thingy under the tank. Then I've got two more vacuum lines going from carb's 2 & 3 to a tee fitting and then to my petcock.

From reading other posts it sounds like several people only have one vacuum line going to their petcock and the other vacuum port capped off. Is this a standard mod most owners do? Or did some bikes come from the factory this way? And finally if I set my bike up this way would it affect engine performance any?

It would certainly make the area right above the carb's much less cluttered and slightly easier to work in and around.

Post edited by: Bud1, at: 2005/11/07 13:00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vacuum line connections? 07 Nov 2005 11:59 #7007

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Twist 'em in a knot and call them equal length vacuum headers!

:silly:

I can't speak for your '83, but the SR definitely has only one port for a petcock vacuum line (it wasn't done by me or a PO). Although I don't have any of the smog junk either.

As long as you cap off the unused port and be sure that one carb produces enough vacuum to open the petcock, I can't see any danger...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: