• Page:

TOPIC:

Carbs and Crossover Pipes 30 Jul 2006 12:18 #65879

• floridamba
  • floridamba's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
floridamba wrote:

I've got an 82 1000 LTD and it has a set of J-model pipes on it. The PO took off the crossover and plugged the crossover connections with freeze plugs. Does this affect performance? Should I put the crossover back on and remove the freeze plugs?

If I put it back on I need the gaskets for the pipe.

thanks for your help.

No replies in the engine category - can the carb folks comment if this is an issue?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carbs and Crossover Pipes 30 Jul 2006 13:16 #65889

• craigpuckett
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
floridamba wrote:

floridamba wrote:

I've got an 82 1000 LTD and it has a set of J-model pipes on it. The PO took off the crossover and plugged the crossover connections with freeze plugs. Does this affect performance? Should I put the crossover back on and remove the freeze plugs?

If I put it back on I need the gaskets for the pipe.

thanks for your help.

No replies in the engine category - can the carb folks comment if this is an issue?

thanks

I don't think you will be able to tell that the cross over is gone,I would leave it off.

it helps low end torque, so they say.

Carbs and Crossover Pipes 30 Jul 2006 18:27 #65961

• floridamba
  • floridamba's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Craig. I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with a set of carbs and a bike that's been sitting for a LONG time. Carbs are all rebuilt, clean, new kits, blown out, etc. but it still isn't running up to par.

I've put some seafoam in the oil and the gas and will just drive it around for a while to see how it loosens up. Carbs are rough off idle, with a little bit of stumble.

• Page: