Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Velocity stacks 25 Jul 2006 12:38 #64600

• ericross3
  • ericross3's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Would the use of velocity stacks require different jetting than my k&n filters? Probably, right. Does anyone know a vendor who sells velocity stacks for my bike?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Velocity stacks 25 Jul 2006 12:45 #64602

• mariozappa
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
It would help if you had your year/make of bike in your signature line.

Post edited by: mariozappa, at: 2006/07/25 15:46
1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

Velocity stacks 26 Jul 2006 09:03 #64850

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
ericross3 wrote:

Would the use of velocity stacks require different jetting than my k&n filters? Probably, right. Does anyone know a vendor who sells velocity stacks for my bike?

Eric - I recently put velocity stacks on my '77 Kz650/810 with WG Mikuni 28 carbs. I must admit that I chose them for the classic drag bike look over filter pods which I have used for many years.

The stacks have a fine mesh screen and therefore probably aren't as restrictive as the Emgo pods that I had on the bike last year. You will likely have to play around with the jetting depending on the other mods you have done to your bike.

If you are going to do a lot of driving in the rain or on dirt roads I would recommend staying away from the stacks as the screens are unlikely to stop anything smaller than a squirrel from being pulled into the carbs:)

By the way, I purchased mine from www.classiccycleparts.com ebay store for around $35 plus shipping. The polished aluminum fit and finish is very nice and the sound when the throttle is cracked wide open is a very deep, throaty rumble, which is pretty cool.

I would suggest maybe giving Jeff at Z1 Enterprises a call and see if he had any luck sourcing a supplier for velocity stacks. It is always good to give Jeff a shot at your K-bike business as he is very helpful and a solid supporter of Kzrider.com

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

1977 Kz 650 Custom. Wiseco 810, WG Mikuni 28's and lottsa go fast goodies. Miss July on Kzrider calendar.

Post edited by: reborn650, at: 2006/07/26 12:08
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

Velocity stacks 26 Jul 2006 09:35 #64861

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
I would not use stacks on a daily driver. But I did see where one guy put an inner screen in the stack and had a small foam insert in the stack. He got the look and some particulate protection.

• Page: