Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

varnished carbs and sea foam 19 Jul 2006 16:42 #63221

• jeffZL1000
  • jeffZL1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
wanted to plug this product. found it useful on my 87 zl1000. have run probably a half dozen cans in the last 2k. the bike is really starting to pull cleanly at all rpm...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

varnished carbs and sea foam 19 Jul 2006 17:17 #63225

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Sea Foam is awesome stuff. Even after you clean a carb real good there is still usually some varnish and crap that you couldn't get to (except you george). Sea Foam will get it all out. It also doaes a real good job of cleaning valves, combustion chambers, intakes and so on. You can also add it to your oil to clean up some sludge, oil ports and what not. I am a big fan of the stuff and always have some laying around. At around $4.50 a bottle I think of it as cheap insurance. I a half bottle in the bike about every 10-15 tanks. Cars and turcks get half bottle every few months or whenever I remember. I have 2 cars, and truck and an SUV so it gets hard to remember what vehicle needs it and when. I just kind of play it by ear. I don't add any to the oil but I hear it works nicely. I usually add Lucas to the oil. I don't want the Sea Foam eating away the Lucas.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

varnished carbs and sea foam 19 Jul 2006 19:17 #63241

• IowaKZ
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
  • Thank you received: 5
Can you get Seafoam at auto parts stores or only bike shops (or only online)?

thanks
1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

varnished carbs and sea foam 19 Jul 2006 19:31 #63245

• jeffZL1000
  • jeffZL1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
on the east coast i get it at advance auto parts, which are practically every few blocks in the Washington dc
area. and to reiterate, my carbs were gummed up but good.... i was adding 16 oz to half a tank of fuel, maybe too much, didnt seem to hurt tho. when i would purge the float bowls lengths of celophane like good would work there way out as i turned the screws to and fro.she's pulling like a branded mule now!

• Page: