Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

mikuni bs 34 help 15 Jul 2006 21:40 #62301

• udder
  • udder's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
what exactly are the screws tops side on the carbs on the engin side of the carb and how do u set them? if they are setable of course

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mikuni bs 34 help 17 Jul 2006 07:34 #62572

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Idle mixture screws. They affect the idle mixture ONLY with a small effect on mid-range and top end as the idle circuit still contributes but its effect diminishes greatly the higher the rpm.

If you have a stock airbox and pipes and stock jetting, 1.5 turns out from VERY VERY lightly seated is about right. If you have larger pilot jets, due to rejetting for airbox/pipe mods, the screws will need to be adjusted out just a bit less depending on the size of the pilot jets used.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

mikuni bs 34 help 27 Jul 2006 13:50 #65220

• udder
  • udder's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ok i have k and n pods with hines 4 into pipes should i set mixtre srews at 2 and a half or 1 turn. and also when i was checking the float set with the gas on then turned off and removing the bottom bowl i noticed that i had 2 of the slig type plugs that go over the pilot jet laying in the bowl. when i tried to reinsert them they just fall out. could this be my cause for foouling plugs and inconsistant low idle??? and these have what looks ot be a small metal slug with a o ring around it. now can i replace that o ring? is it a special o ring or can i possibly find one to just cut the old one off and replace? i can idle at 1500 to 2000 rpm fine but if i drop it any more than that then it wants to fall way down and stall out. other than that it runs fine all through all gears just low speed and idle seem to be all over. i have stock 78 kz 1000 ltd and have 140 mains with 40 pilots

• Page: