Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

83 kz750 carb help 20 May 2023 19:52 #885006

• Cta2330
  • Cta2330's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
83 kz750 h4, kehien cv34 single main jet?
Okay so here is my situation, I bought this bike last summer, got it to run, but the carbs got jammed up after a couple weeks of riding. Went off to college, just getting back to work on it over weekends now. So initially it had a bit of rubber needle tip in the float needle seat that caused flooding, fixed that, but then it needed to have the float levels reset, did that, and during that process I decided to switch to pod filters because the air box and the rubbers for it were all toast, and are expensive. Bought pods, and bought the dyno jet kit to even it all out, as it was only like 30 bucks more that ordering the jets individually. My problem is now that with the jet kit in, it will start on choke, but pours gas out the end of the tailpipe( no overflow from carbs into air filters) and then when choke is off idles but dies when I hit the throttle. After looking around online, I cleaned out the needle jets( which are still the stock needle jet), one had called out of the housing. This did not fix the problem. I thought maybe a vacuum leak, but spraying carb cleaner at suspect points around the carb does not make it rev much at all.( maybe some <500 rpm increases but hard to tell if that was from the carb clean.) I am now kind of at a loss of where to go next to get it to run. Any advice y’all could provide would be extremely helpful to me, as this is my first bike and time with carbs so I don’t know all that much yet. Some suspicions I have are the jet kit. When I did the jet math from a previous post, I estimated I should have a 71 size primary and a couple sizes up on the needle jet. The jet in the bike specific dynojet kit is a dj136, and from what I have seen online that should be around a 146 in kehien jet size, which seems like a major difference from what I would think it should be. Also weird bit of maybe helpful info, when I bought the bike it had no primary or secondary jets in it, and a sock for an air filter. It had a big lean or rich spot at 6-7 but ran well enough other than that. There is a lot of mcgivvery on this bike, so im not sure if there has been some permanent modifications to the carb. Anyways I am unsure of what is causeing it to act like this, especially after I’ve cleaned out the jet side of the carbs twice this weekend. The only thing I haven’t confirmed in that respect is I cannot tell if there is crud in the chamber past the needle jet, but I have sprayed carb clean and compressed air into it in attempt to clean it. Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

83 kz750 carb help 21 May 2023 10:29 #885033

• Cta2330
  • User
Second notes, u think I am missing the needle jet plug, there were gone when it was running prior so I didn’t pay too much attention to that. Also if I have the choke on and I rev it to like 4-5 it will stay there, and if I switch to no choke while it is fever up there it takes off for the limiter and the throttle doesn’t really kill it but it also doesn’t seem to help it either. It also has pretty busted up motor to carb boots, but did the carb cleaner test and they don’t seem to leak much. Thanks!

83 kz750 carb help 22 May 2023 14:54 #885078

• Cta2330
  • User
Another question, I had to replace my carb 1 of the set earlier in this process, and there appear to be two different types of cv34s, one with a single primary jet and one with two primary jets; my original set was a single main, and the replacement is a dual main. Does anyone know if this will make a major difference? obviously, it is not ideal but I am wondering if it is a possible good enough type situation? thanks.

• Page: