Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

arrrrrrrrgh carbs or something else? 13 Jul 2006 17:53 #61795

• valikkool
  • valikkool's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
please i need to ride my bike i rebuilt the carbs fiddled with the pilot jet adjusted the needle so many times i could do it with my eyes close, the problem, it idles ok but when i get to go it bogs down and almosts stalls if i dont rev it up high after it get past 4k rpm of so it runs fine it idles the same with the choke on or off it does also backfire if u have any questions for me to help you help me just ask thanks greatly for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

arrrrrrrrgh carbs or something else? 13 Jul 2006 18:22 #61797

• got12narow
  • User
I'm just now learning, but based on my short learning curve it sounds like you either have an air leak or your timing isn't right.(not advancing) Check the boots from the air box to the carbs for leaks and take off hte points cover to see if the advancer "springs" back when moved by hand. If the advancer hangs up or sticks it may need removed, cleaned real well, and then oiled. Please knowledgable elders:laugh: chime in and help.:whistle: Where are you WG? Help!!!!!!

Post edited by: got12narow, at: 2006/07/13 21:23:unsure:

Post edited by: got12narow, at: 2006/07/13 22:08

arrrrrrrrgh carbs or something else? 13 Jul 2006 19:24 #61810

• got12narow
  • User
My apologies

Post edited by: got12narow, at: 2006/07/14 09:27

arrrrrrrrgh carbs or something else? 14 Jul 2006 06:01 #61888

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Adam, I really appreciate not being called into discussions several times that I choose not to take part in or have even had a chance to look at... In this case, I hadn't seen the query as I only look at this board once a day at best, and not on the weekends at all. I have a forum on my web site that I look in on more often if someone needs more immediate tech help. Thanks for your cooperation.

Anyway, this fella didn't clean his carbs as well as he should... that is the issue with the choke not operating properly. The need to rev the bike to 4K rpm may go away if the pilot system is cleaned properly or he may need to provide a slightly richer air/fuel mixture to the idle circuit. He didn't mention jetting or what intake mods he has done on his bike. The somewhat vague advice kind of lines up with the somewhat vague description of the condition of the bike I guess... more info would help sharpen answers potentially.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

arrrrrrrrgh carbs or something else? 14 Jul 2006 06:33 #61899

• got12narow
  • User
My apologies. There is no need to patronizing me, I guess that is your perogative and unwarranted. Some people have a greater wealth of knowledge built up, and others are learning and just trying to help. I explained in my reply that I am terribly inexperienced, and that was a brief synopsis of advice that was given to me. I'll refrain from taking any more of your valuable time.

arrrrrrrrgh carbs or something else? 14 Jul 2006 10:33 #61959

• total
  • User
Same type of thing happened to me today as a matter of fact. My vacuum line had come undone. check that!

arrrrrrrrgh carbs or something else? 14 Jul 2006 17:03 #62028

• valikkool
  • valikkool's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
thanks for the help and ill try to say a little mor about the problem. i believe the jets are 125, the needle is is postioned in the 3rd groove, no modifications to the air box, rebuit the carbs with a standard rebuilt kit but kept the needles that were in the carbs cuz the new ones were shorter, no holes in the boots cleaned the carbs with carb cleaner and an air compressor thats all that ive done with them but the floats were adjusted and the carbs themselves were tinkerd with by a mechanic with him first saying that they were good carbs and when he couldnt figure it out he then said get new ones thanks for your time

• Page: