Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Will rejetting fix this? 13 Jul 2006 15:00 #61755

• bs1134
  • bs1134's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I just started up my KZ 750M-1 CSR after putting pipes on it (2/1), and it started up, loud, and took a bit to idle, but I did'nt have it running for 2 weeks. Today I took it for a test drive, it was ok right of, backfiring a little, it did a little before the pipes to though. But it stalled out on me when I stopped. Took a bit to start back up, then was going uphill, it was running ok a little boggy, then it just started to bogg completely when I gave it gas, until it stalled again. I have pods that I haven't put on, Should I put them on then rejett and should that hopefully fix this, anyone know?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will rejetting fix this? 13 Jul 2006 15:33 #61768

• EddieBoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i wouldnt think that just putting 2-1's would be that dramatic. if it ran fine two weeks ago and the only thing you did otherwise was change the pipes? unless maybe the muffler was clogged...but that sounds unlikely. did you maybe bump loose a wire or coil wire? is there plenty of clean fuel in it? is the tank rusty? battery fully charged? maybe battery low from not running for a couple a weeks...sometimes takes a lil running to get it back up after lots of cranking from stalling. battery voltage gets lower and lower without sufficient time to recharge...with lights on...doesnt leave to much voltage the coils for spark. a poorly tuned motor or fouled plugs will compound it...so on. im sure the motor will need jetted for the pipe change as with the pods. but it wouldnt make it stall and die. check fuel filters and plugs first... along with the bat voltage and wiring maybe around the coils and ignition. maybe some more info on the bike would help..is it stock..so on. lot of the other guys in here now lots more than I maybe they can be of more help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: