Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 10 Jun 2021 16:12 #849985

• Lord Osis
  • Lord Osis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Given the high cost of getting these from the UK and the fact that apparently the US source does not have the indexing tab for my bike (82/83 GPZ550) although apparently it will work, I thought about maybe trying some of the Chinese sources, it looks like they don't have the tab either because they are designed for different carbs from a different bike. But they are only 1/4 the cost, but the question is which one? They list by bike rather than size (the DF's) I suppose I could roll the dice and get ones for a Yamaha 650 Seca, which is what JBM says their H-68 is for, which is apparently what the K-68 is, or am I wrong, the K-68 from JBM is not the same as the H-68, it contains the tab.
Anybody know or for that matter tried Chinese diaphragms?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 10 Jun 2021 16:25 #849988

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103
>>>>>  But they are only 1/4 the cost, but the question is which one?
Nothing from china

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 10 Jun 2021 16:59 #849990

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659

>>>>>  But they are only 1/4 the cost, but the question is which one?
Nothing from china

So says the guy typing this out on a computer/tablet/phone made in china...

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 10 Jun 2021 17:08 #849993

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103

So says the guy typing this out on a computer/tablet/phone made in china...

North Carolina !    North Carolina !

usamadeproducts.biz/electronics-computer...0models%20in%20China.
Attachments:

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 10 Jun 2021 23:06 #849999

• F64
  • User
  • 81-KZ440D2
  • Thank you received: 335
North Carolina?
Is your computer a Lenovo?
It says those are made in Whitsett, North Carolina.

Looks like your best bet is
www.nrp-carbs.co.uk/kawasaki_carburettor_diaphragms.htm

It's not cheap but at least you would know it would be correct as you saw in the post from Oct 2020 with tigerdrvr.
kzrider.com/forum/3-carburetor/614574-ca...ssemblies-16126-1047

And I just found out through your post history Nessism and others discussed this Oct 4 2020
www.kzrider.com/forum/3-carburetor/61445...s-on-cv-carbs#849568

81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY

Last edit: by F64.

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 11 Jun 2021 10:39 #850013

• Lord Osis
  • Lord Osis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Not only did I participate in all those threads, I started one of them ;)

Considering NRP wants $176 and I bought a set of carbs (Keihin BTW, not TK for the 82/83) for $150 with good slides
I'd say NRP is NOT the best option.

I avoid buying Chinese whenever I can, but in this case it is less than 1/4 the cost of US and less than 1/10th the cost of British ...

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 11 Jun 2021 11:43 #850014

• howardhb
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • In God I trust
  • Thank you received: 416
So why not buy 2 sets, for half the money? Double your odds of success!

'81 GPz 550 D1 Click this link: www.kzrider.com/gallery/kz-550/1981-gpz550d1-9094#joomimg
'81 GPz 1100 B1 ELR "Tribute" www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/617040-1981-gpz1100-b1-rst
'82 Yamaha YB100 Fizzie
'79 Suzuki GT200 X5 TWO STROKE TWIN - SMOKER!

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 11 Jun 2021 17:17 #850025

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394

Not only did I participate in all those threads, I started one of them ;)

Considering NRP wants $176 and I bought a set of carbs (Keihin BTW, not TK for the 82/83) for $150 with good slides
I'd say NRP is NOT the best option.

I avoid buying Chinese whenever I can, but in this case it is less than 1/4 the cost of US and less than 1/10th the cost of British ...

I used to be sceptical about Chinese goods mainly because of the crap you read online, my experiences are quite different. I have bought some excellent parts from China and haven't had a dud yet, One part I recently bought is a clone of another maker, the part is worth over $700 dollars to buy here in Australia, my Chinese part was just under $50 dollars with about $9 dollars shipping. both the expensive $700 part and my Chinese part are made from 6061 T6 billet Aluminum and all parts and seals are the same size, actually they look like they came out of the same factory and probably did.. You'll probably find most replacement diaphragms are now made somewhere in China....  Do your homework, there are some real bargains to be had, there is still some junk though. You'll find someone somewhere has bought those diaphragms and done a review....
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheForumTroll

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 12 Jun 2021 07:46 #850055

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2043
One of the objections to Chinese made goods, is that they are often no respecter of patents. Those decent quality parts from there are doing financial damage to the company that spent untold time and money developing and designing that part. The more cheap clones there are in the market, the more the original developer has to charge just to break even.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 12 Jun 2021 15:24 #850081

• 750 R1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 394
I think that goes two ways TexasKZ, the prices for some of the parts are ridiculous especially here in Australia {not just here}, the mark up is unbelievably greedy, usually at least double the price they are overseas and even as bad as three times the price. When you have some understanding of how a lot of these parts are made its really hard to justify the price. Just because a company has the "patents" doesn't give it the right to rip us off, Manufacturing a lot of parts has become relatively cheap with programmable CNC machines and their like. I understand what you are saying but I don't think its that simple....

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 13 Jun 2021 04:53 #850103

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
I avoid Chinese made stuff whenever possible.  Quality is always suspect.  You never know if the stuff was made with slave labour.  

My preference is to buy North American made stuff.  If not NA then Europe or Japan or Korea.  A few months ago I was searching for a borehole gauge.  There are all kinds of Chinese ones for around $100 but I went with Mitutoyo for considerably more money.  At least I know it was made to rigid specs.

And my computer was made in Taiwan, as was my cell phone.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Last edit: by hardrockminer.

Chinese slide diaphragms for CV carbs? 13 Jun 2021 11:20 #850128

• 577nitro
  • User
  • Thank you received: 55

Given the high cost of getting these from the UK and the fact that apparently the US source does not have the indexing tab for my bike (82/83 GPZ550) although apparently it will work, I thought about maybe trying some of the Chinese sources, it looks like they don't have the tab either because they are designed for different carbs from a different bike. But they are only 1/4 the cost, but the question is which one? They list by bike rather than size (the DF's) I suppose I could roll the dice and get ones for a Yamaha 650 Seca, which is what JBM says their H-68 is for, which is apparently what the K-68 is, or am I wrong, the K-68 from JBM is not the same as the H-68, it contains the tab.
Anybody know or for that ma

I did buy some Chinese made carb rebuild kits (for a CBR600F3)..total  garbage, yeah they were cheap..for a reason.   NEVER again.. WASTE of money IMHO.  I ponied up the bucks and bought OEM and have had no issues since.  So basically I paid twice...and they didn't take the kits back when I complained. 

And I'm NOT political correct and never will be (and a proud American)...  And unfortunately we are all stuck with Chinese made goods..good or bad...that's reality.

My 2 cents sorry if it offends you, I can't help it...I'm an A***hole according to my wife ;)

577nitro-

Last edit: by 577nitro. Reason: spelling
  • Page: