Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dual carburettor joining assembly (choke and throttle cable linkage) 20 Apr 2021 08:21 #847084

• Pagala
  • Pagala's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi everyone

Anyone know if there's a joining piece that would fit these Mikuni carbs together (i.e. with an appropriate pulley, and holding them dead level, and with a fuelling link pipe feeding into them both at the same time)?

They're for my Kawasaki KZ440.

These are not standard carbs for the bike.
The standard ones are already fitted, and someone has really badly messed them by putting metal epoxy down and over the mixture adjustment screws. They can never be adjusted, and they are in really bad shape altogether. The bike idles high then low then high then cuts out. Really bad carbs.

These new ones you see in the picture - if you know the exact model of Mikuni pictured then please let me know, because I don't.
They would definitely fit the KZ440 but, obviously, they need some sort of assembly linkage in between thm. I have a big bag of spare jets to go with these excellent condition carbs, so I would really like to fit these. Keeping or repairing the old carbs will be impossible. Diaphragm damage, metal epoxy in them, etc.

Thanks in advance

1̶9̶8̶3̶ ̶K̶a̶w̶a̶s̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶G̶T̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶(̶U̶K̶-̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶)̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶G̶1̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶4̶.̶
1981 Kawasaki Z440 (KZ440C1)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Pagala.

Dual carburettor joining assembly (choke and throttle cable linkage) 20 Apr 2021 08:47 #847087

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
mount them separately and use a cable splitter to control both carbs. I dont think you  create a linkage for these since they pull through the carb cap. and there will not be enough room under the gas tank
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pagala

Last edit: by DoctoRot.

Dual carburettor joining assembly (choke and throttle cable linkage) 20 Apr 2021 09:03 #847091

• Pagala
  • User
Thanks for that. Great idea.

I suppose that if split cables exist, then split fuel hoses must also exist, or at least a Y-shaped divider piece.
1̶9̶8̶3̶ ̶K̶a̶w̶a̶s̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶G̶T̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶(̶U̶K̶-̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶)̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶G̶1̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶4̶.̶

Dual carburettor joining assembly (choke and throttle cable linkage) 20 Apr 2021 09:15 #847094

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1843
Search for stainless steel beverage fittings.

im not recommending you buy form this source. Buyer be ware. It’s only an example of what your looking for

www.industrialspec.com/shop/metal-fittin...series-barbed-y.html
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.

Last edit: by Mikaw.

Dual carburettor joining assembly (choke and throttle cable linkage) 20 Apr 2021 12:11 #847101

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
I bought from the company below.  Great product and great service.  Ed

bevequip.com/shop/category/beer-equipment-fittings-211
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw, Pagala

Dual carburettor joining assembly (choke and throttle cable linkage) 20 Apr 2021 14:15 #847103

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
something like this. not sure what length and slack you need

www.z1enterprises.com/yamaha-xs650-2-int...ket-carburetors.html

Dual carburettor joining assembly (choke and throttle cable linkage) 20 Apr 2021 17:19 #847114

• Pagala
  • User
Thanks guys. Looks like this problem is going to be solved easily.

I bought myself a Venhill 1-into-2 throttle cable. Venhill is considered a very good brand here in the UK, so I'm expecting it to draw up on both lower cables equally, as they claim. It should arrive in a couple of days.
I also got myself a brass Y-shaped fuel line splitter.

Last edit: by Pagala.
  • Page: