Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A lot of Fuel in my air box 29 Mar 2020 09:05 #822111

• KZDeon550LTD
  • KZDeon550LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello. I’m very new to this forum format so forgive me if it’s not you typical request. I have an 80 550 LTD with TK-22 carbs and I usually take my carbs off after winter and spray them out bc my bike is kept outside. This year I decided to paint my tank and plastics and I ended up replacing the fuel lines and a couple vacuum lines. Long story short I forgot how my lines go. It won’t stop running on prime and it won’t come out on either other setting. im feeling really stupid bc I don’t take pics and I need to get back on my bike and ride. Can anyone help??Or point my in the right direction. I need to ride.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A lot of Fuel in my air box 29 Mar 2020 09:32 #822114

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx

A lot of Fuel in my air box 29 Mar 2020 09:32 #822116

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
If you follow the link in my signature you will find more links (Hardrock beat me to it). One is for a TK22 website which shows the what the vacuum lines go to. There are two vent lines that just go up toward the tank and don't connect to anything.

There are also links to several manuals. I would get them all while they are available, but you really only need the third-party manual and both (red and white) base manuals from the factory since yours is an early model.

If the engine is not running, the prime position is the only one that will flow gas. It is used to initially fill the bowls. Then when the bike is running, the petcock should be switched to the "on" position. It will flow when the engine is running, but will stop when the engine stops. Reserve is the same as "on" but gets fuel from lower in the tank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hardrockminer

Last edit: by loudhvx.
  • Page: