Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

81 kz650 air/fuel screw factory setting? 18 Jun 2019 16:18 #806044

• agrestixrock
  • agrestixrock's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i have my 81 kz650 csr with mikuni carbs that have the accelerator pump. i cannot for the life of me get these air fuel mixture screws set right. i started the adjustments with all screws 1 turn out. i recently dissasembled them and cleaned them also set the slides at a 1mm gap from the carburetor bore like the manual said well used a guitar string that was .9 i cannot find the factory setting anywhere and i had tried to adjust them before i cleaned them so the settings i had were super wonky. also any tips on how to set it exactly? like just do one carb then the next? and what exactly am i looking/ listening for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

81 kz650 air/fuel screw factory setting? 18 Jun 2019 16:54 #806048

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1899
If not recorded during the carb disassemble, 1 1/4 - 1 3/4 turns out is a good starting Point.

Attachments:

81 kz650 air/fuel screw factory setting? 05 Jul 2019 10:44 #807010

• jlaudiofan
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I just rebuilt carbs on my bike, the air screws were 1/4 turn out from bottom, as in screw them all the way in and back off 1/4. Pretty sure this is close to factory setting, as my spare set of carbs still had the plug cover installed and were set at the same depth (1/4 turn out from bottom).

Good luck!
1980 KZ650F

• Page: