• Page:

TOPIC:

my carbs have diarrhea! 07 Jun 2006 11:40 #52609

• puckaveli
  • puckaveli's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The short version:
Fuel pouring out of carb #2 into the cylinder and filter, bad float?

The long version:
My #2 carb is pouring fuel into the filter and into the cylinder. It started to leak the day my valve seals let go but I half-assed my inspection and blamed the fuel leak on my petcock since it looked pretty ragged. Well I got the top end redone and went to fire it up and it would just turn over. I checked spark and #2 plug was dead I put in a new one, checked it and it had spark then I put it back in the chamber and turned the bike over again, same thing, I pulled the plug and it was soaked in gas and gas started pouring out the filter. There might be other reasons for it not staring but this is where I'm starting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

my carbs have diarrhea! 07 Jun 2006 12:03 #52621

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Don't spill gas on that purty tank!!!!

my carbs have diarrhea! 07 Jun 2006 12:05 #52624

• jbw7300
  • User
  • you can't ride if your fried
  • Thank you received: 0
try hitting the float bowl with the blunt end of a screwdriver might loosin up if the float is stuck!!
84 kz 700 a1 sports

my carbs have diarrhea! 07 Jun 2006 12:27 #52640

• anarki650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
My #3 carb on my 77650 does that from time to time. I've pulled it apart several times before I finally figured out what was happening. The float has a little bit of side to side play on the retaining pin and if it shifts over to the right side of the bike on the pin, the float will snag on the upper area of the chamber, making it stick and spray gas like it'd been living off of taco bell for about a month or two.....a little tap with a screwdriver always takes care of it.
09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

• Page: