• Page:

TOPIC:

Mile high carbs 01 Jun 2006 13:49 #51432

• MicahMan
  • MicahMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Greatings all,
I recently aquired a '78 KZ1000, big bore pistons(1135cc), Dyna-S ignition w/green coils, Mikunis, K&N air filter pods and a 4-1 exhaust. All the ignition woes have been cured, filters are clean and the carb boots are sealed tight. Having hot-roded those four wheeled monsters at high altide for years I am recognizing the symptoms of lean jetted carbs. Does anyone have a chart or info on a baseline rod/jet selection for me? (Denver 5280 feet above sea level) Or maybe you can recomend a good tech book. I don't wan't to spend all summer experementing with different combonations. Thanx, and safe riding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mile high carbs 01 Jun 2006 14:20 #51437

• mgweiss
  • User
What type of Mikuni's do you have? I'm also in Denver and have nearly the same set up as you except no big bore kit. My motor's the stock 1015 with VM26 carbs. If you have the same carbs you should be able to base line with my settings and go up from there for the big bore kit. I've got 17.5 pilots, 117.5 mains, needles on middle notch. Can't remember how many turns out the air screws are. Hope that helps.

Bring that beast down to club 404 on broadway tonight around 6:30. I'm in a vintage bike club that meets there the 1st thurs. and 3rd friday of every month.

Mile high carbs 02 Jun 2006 22:32 #51755

• MicahMan
  • MicahMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Thanx for the info and the invite. Sorry for delayed responce. (frigin' boss, I hate being so dependable) To answer your question, if my info and mesurments are corect the carbs are VM29s. Since it seems yours is the only responce to my query I guess I will start there, invest in a range of jets and begin the trial and error prosses. Thanx again. Maybe I can get to your clubs next meeting. Safe riding all.

• Page: