Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

76 kz750twin needs tlc 26 Oct 2005 10:24 #4417

• kz750man
  • kz750man's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i just want to put my carbs in the right hands so i can just install them and ride with no problems. i have a 76 kz750 that has a 2 into 1 pipe and i believe the previous owner jetted them but i don't know much about this stuff. i'd like to replace the factory air system with the honey comb set up so if anyone knows someone or a shop i can send them too let me know. the bike has set a long time but does run.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

76 kz750twin needs tlc 26 Oct 2005 10:39 #4418

• Wolfman@SparksAmerica
  • User
WiredGeorge could probably help you out with just a good cleaning, maybe a jet or two but unsure. I have 3 sets of carbs 1 running and the others parts carbs, if you need any parts. I know I have a set of 135 Mains if you need jets that big, but the bike I ride every day has stock mains and pilots with a 2 into 1 and the burn pattern is great spot on. but I've been looking for some 130 mains and 45 pilots as I'm in the mood to mod the intakes and exhaust a bit more on the rebuild. good luck with your carbs, I would offer to fix them if I could get the parts.

76 kz750twin needs tlc 26 Oct 2005 10:47 #4420

• kz750man
  • kz750man's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
hey thanks for the help and man if you can get these carbs right i'd send them to you in a heart beat! man i'm ready to ride this puppy and now it's cold here in Ohio and i got to wait till the summer. i wish i was somewhere warm! hey whatever you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. the KZ75o twin is a very underated bike and i'd like to bring this one back to life!:cheer: B)

76 kz750twin needs tlc 26 Oct 2005 10:47 #4421

• Homer
  • User
If any of you guys need a manual for the 750 twin 1976-79 I have it on CD, just pm me youre address and I'll pop one in the post for you, only thing about it is its on word and not pdf but all the info is there.

Post edited by: homer, at: 2005/10/26 13:48

76 kz750twin needs tlc 26 Oct 2005 10:53 #4422

• Wolfman@SparksAmerica
  • User
Homer thanks for the offer but I have the FSM in softback bought when I bought the bike, guess it's bad habit buy a vehicle get the FSM or a Haynes or Chilton's.

You can find the carb kits online for these bikes, but I think you will have to play with the jetting, for your altitude. Keep your chin up you can rebuild your carbs just take your time and isn't that what winter is for? guess that is why i never have time to work on my bike, it never gets to winter here. it's 85 degrees outside now and I have to work on my bike a bit. later

Post edited by: wolfman@sparksamerica, at: 2005/10/26 13:54
Attachments:

76 kz750twin needs tlc 26 Oct 2005 11:09 #4429

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
WiredGeorge is the resident carb guy around these parts, and has a great reputation. Send him a private message (type WiredGeorge in the "to" box) or check out his eBay page . You send him carbs and a money order, he sends your carbs back to you professionally tuned.

If you're looking to pay someone to do your carbs, he's known for being good and reasonably priced.

Now go! Message him!

If you use the private message option, don't forget to check your private messages. They'll show up on the home page (or this link might work).

• Page: