• Page:

TOPIC:

z1300 float level 24 Oct 2005 13:46 #3886

• gulag
  • gulag's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi gang !!!!

Im still waiting for my repair manual.. and I really am eager to get the carbs installed, so my question is, does anyone know the carb float level measurement on a 1980 kz1300 ?

thx in advance..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

z1300 float level 25 Oct 2005 06:33 #4057

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I have never done a set of KZ1300 carbs but I would be hesitant to set the float level height. If the floats are like most, they tend to be bent some and once bent up, the float height gets almost useless. Better to set the float "SERVICE FUEL LEVEL". Put the carbs in a vise on a bench level and fill the carbs with gas. Adapt a hose to either go in the drain screw hole or there may be a nipple type drain where you can just open the drain screw. If the hose needs to go into a hole, use a 1/4" vacuum adapter screwed into the hole and a hose over the barb on the outside. Hold the hose next to the bowl; don't move it UPWARDS once you have it in place. Let gas flow and then note the height of the gas. It should generally be about 1/8" below the bowl gasket line. This type measurement is very accurate as you are measuring the actual gas in the bowl.

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2005/10/25 09:36
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: