• Page:

TOPIC:

Deteriorating Rubber parts 10 Mar 2006 10:10 #29874

• brandonscaldwell
  • brandonscaldwell's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

only my 2nd post in the forum - Hope I am posting in the right place.

I am in the process of doing a rebuild of the 2 carbs in my '76 KZ400 D4 and am wondering what the best source is for carb rebuild kits? I'm also hoping to find someone who sells the rubber mounts that go between the carbs and the airbox and the carb and the head, mine are really cracked. Has anybody seen someone who manufactures those parts? or a NOS source?

Thanks in advance.

-Brandon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Deteriorating Rubber parts 10 Mar 2006 10:13 #29875

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 305
Check with Jeff at www.Z1enterprises.com first...and no, I don't get a kickback.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Deteriorating Rubber parts 10 Mar 2006 10:18 #29879

• ejshotgun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Direct Link to the KZ400 D4 carbs parts at Z1Enterprises and if you don't see what you need then just e-mail or phone them (as already mentioned) those guys are great.

Post edited by: ejshotgun, at: 2006/03/10 13:19

Deteriorating Rubber parts 10 Mar 2006 20:26 #30005

• xstreamcanadian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I was also looking on ebay at the carb kits, there are so many brands and I really only need the gaskets, but the dealer wants 25 canadian per carb for two gaskets, and I have 4 carbs. I need to replace the float spring, or loosen up one that i have that seems to stick, I have carb cleaned it etc, if I dismantle it by pushing out the pin, am I changing any carb settings?

Deteriorating Rubber parts 11 Mar 2006 17:08 #30174

• gas
  • User
brandonscaldwell wrote:

Hi all,

only my 2nd post in the forum - Hope I am posting in the right place.

I am in the process of doing a rebuild of the 2 carbs in my '76 KZ400 D4 and am wondering what the best source is for carb rebuild kits? I'm also hoping to find someone who sells the rubber mounts that go between the carbs and the airbox and the carb and the head, mine are really cracked. Has anybody seen someone who manufactures those parts? or a NOS source?

Thanks in advance.

-Brandon

Talk to Ivar at kz400.com, he knows his 400 inside and out.

Deteriorating Rubber parts 11 Mar 2006 17:22 #30176

• gas
  • User
xstreamcanadian wrote:

I was also looking on ebay at the carb kits, there are so many brands and I really only need the gaskets, but the dealer wants 25 canadian per carb for two gaskets, and I have 4 carbs. I need to replace the float spring, or loosen up one that i have that seems to stick, I have carb cleaned it etc, if I dismantle it by pushing out the pin, am I changing any carb settings?

What the hell !!! Did you tell him to kiss you first, before the bend over. Jeff at Z1 is the way to go. You won't get crap. The U.S. dollar is weak right now so the exchange is low, and his shipping costs are quite reasonable. If you really want to cheap out, go to Princess auto, or some auto parts outfit and get a roll of gasket material and use the old ones as a template. I dought that I payed a hundred for 4 complete carb rebuild kits, including gaskets, o rings, jets, needles etc.

• Page: