Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone know if the carb spacing is the same as the EFI spacing on a 750 Turbo Kawi? 23 Oct 2005 10:34 #3619

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
IIRC, the throttlebody injection on the Chevrolet 350 only used two injectors. The injectors used in throttlebody injection are significantly larger than those used in port injection. The 80% rule still applies, they just inject a "lot" more fuel during their duty cycle. Using a single throttlebody with port injection would be a better deal (and I think that's what he is talking about), and is what most (if not all) automotive engines use in their stock configuration.
KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone know if the carb spacing is the same as the EFI spacing on a 750 Turbo Kawi? 20 Nov 2005 01:13 #9133

• wireguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
as much as i hate to admit it,i think fuel injection is going to be the way to go on a lot of bikes.the last turbo bike we built(1428) was carbed,it was ungodly fast,ran an 8.05 at topeka (early 90s)with no slick,no wheelie bar.right before they beat us half to death with the rule book,something about street bikes arent supposed to run that fast and needing IDBA "pilots license" asked to leave,joined witness relocation program(THANK YOU SID POGUE POGUE ENGINEERING what a motor!) anyway turbo motors suffer lag,smaller turbos help,but electronic fuel injection is definately the answer.the 75z1 im doing now still in the tape measure stage is going to have a blowthrough turbo in front of the motor ducting air to a rack of gpz injectors in place of the carbs ,but have no fear george,there will still be plenty of big mikuni projects around here!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: