Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carb syncing or Come on laugh with me. 02 Mar 2006 13:12 #27601

• CTSZ1
  • CTSZ1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So I'm syncing the carbs on the Z1. I have just received and installed new Dyna coils to replace my failing OEM coils. Carbs are already manually synched with .028" wire. (They had been off getting new plungers from WiredGeorge.) I hook up my vacuum gauges. I decided that the Z1 chain oiler tank would make a perfect tank to hold the gasoline while synching the carbs. I start her up. Get her up to temperature and start to adjust. Things are going good but it seems I make one adjustment to many and she quits. Fiddle around for 10 minutes or so, and discover my little tank has run out of gas. Filled her up (didn't the first time), started again. Made a few more adjustments. Starts running rough and quits. Gas tank still has plenty. Spend 15 minutes diagnosing and discover the vent tube for the tank is still plugged. Plenty of vacuum in there! Took the plug off and continued.

Good idea, poor execution. But hey, she's purring like a kitten now.

David :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carb syncing or Come on laugh with me. 02 Mar 2006 16:12 #27641

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
I have to ADMIT , I was looking for a fuel valve that was left in the off position .. But I guess running out of fuel will do tonight ,, I am sure we have all done something simular :) :ohmy: ;) :whistle: :huh: :dry: :dry: :S :kiss: :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: