Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jetting for pods; good place to buy jets 20 Feb 2006 18:43 #25199

• kzcody
  • kzcody's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone, quick question about jets and where to buy em. I'm going to put pods on my 440 lt A1 and I read on a site that a good rule of thumb is to go up 2 jet sizes. Now is that for both the main and secondary jet? and also where is a good place to buy a set of jets so that I can tinker with the adjustments. I realize they're expensive but I trust you guys to know a good place. Thanks!

-Cody

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jetting for pods; good place to buy jets 21 Feb 2006 06:45 #25297

• ronkz1000
  • User
www.z1enterprises.com/ I bought mine here plus some more carb parts like O rings B)

Jetting for pods; good place to buy jets 23 Feb 2006 17:24 #25978

• kzcody
  • kzcody's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
ok so i just pulled the jets off my carbs to find out the number on them. Turns out they're 88. If I'm putting pod filters on do I upgrade to a 90 or a 92. also as far as the primer jet goes i think it said 52 although it was so old it was hard to read. do i up those too? and by how much?

thanks

cody

Jetting for pods; good place to buy jets 26 Feb 2006 08:49 #26528

• The Fish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
There are too many variables to say "this is exactly what you will need". Varibles like altitude, temperature, riding style and so forth. The best jetting is done "seat of the pants".
Sometimes you can get away with just putting a larger main jet in, some times you may need a bigger primary jet and some carbs will need the jet needle raised.
Start with your stock jetting and go up 1 size at a time.Buy the next 3 sizes bigger main jets and the next size bigger primary jet.
I would imagine that others on the board would have a simular set up on their bike and would post their findings.
This is a very general description of how most carbs work.
The primary jet controls the amount of fuel at idle and up to 1/4 throttle. Installing a larger primary jet would richen the mixture in that throttle range.The primary air(commonly refered to as the Idle screw) adds air to the primary circuit for fine tuning. From 1/4 throttle to 3/4 throttle the fuel is regulated by the jet needle and needle jet. Raising the needle would richen the mixture in that throttle range. After 3/4 throttle, the main jet is the main factor in tuning.
To throw another wrench in the works, most carbs circuits are additive. The fuel that is supplied at idle is also supplied at all other throttle settings.
The circuits add to the mixture that is being supplied by the curcuits at the lower throttle settings.
When jetting, you would usually start with the primary (idle curcuits) and work your way up to jetting at WOT.
Fish

Jetting for pods; good place to buy jets 26 Feb 2006 10:00 #26537

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
kzrider.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18321 Here is a guideline for what other members have found for jetting.

• Page: