Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WiredGeorge and carbs 17 Feb 2006 07:53 #24461

• fergyfer
  • fergyfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
WG, I don't mean to imbarrass you, but I (you) got a compliment this morning by the tech's at the local KAW shop, when I pulled my bike in to leave it for a chain and sprocket job. They both said "man that bike runs like a bran new bike". I was quick to point out that it has run like new every since WiredGeorge adjusted my carbs. They asked me "who is WiredGeorge" and I said, "he's the mayor of carbville, better known as Mico Texas".
Thanks again buddy! I'm spreading the word...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WiredGeorge and carbs 17 Feb 2006 11:51 #24504

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Next time down this way, I am going to make you actually find Mico and then you might be thinking you don't want to mention it is "carbville" bwhahaha
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

WiredGeorge and carbs 17 Feb 2006 14:30 #24533

• fergyfer
  • fergyfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Buddy, I'd love to make another trip down there to actually see Mico and buy you a bbq diner. (I just assume that there's a bbq joint in a small country town in Texas).

Just picked up my bike after the new chain and sprockets and man it is smooth riding now. It feels like a different bike. Shifts smooth as glass too. I wanted to just ride around but it's getting colder and nastier by the minute, and windy as heck! It will probably rain until June now! Haha!

WiredGeorge and carbs 04 Mar 2006 16:40 #28241

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
George rebuilt a set of carbs for a friend of mine and they ended up on my bike. They are sweet!
I also replaced the head on my bike. Another gift from George from two years ago.
I have another set of carbs coming from george that should be here any day and my bike should scoot. They are set up for my open pipes and pods. Yee Haw!:woohoo:
I also installed the relay to power up my coils and i can say the bike has never run better. Canyon dancer who has rode my bike will probably be happy with the performance if he has to ride it at Mid-Ohio this year.
Thanks George. Wanna buy a Z1 Classic to add to your stable?
I can't see Mico,Tx. from Georges house just nice roads. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

WiredGeorge and carbs 05 Mar 2006 12:22 #28413

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
You can't see Mico from Mico... Mico TX POP 98 (they lie to make it sound bigger than it is. Heck, Mico only has a sign on one end of town and it is only about 10 inches wide bwhahaha

In any case, what the heck would I do with another bike? I spend all my time trying to keep a couple of the many I have running. I am NOW at three projects bikes... Geeesh... One is a Honda. What was going through my mind when I bought that pig? A CB900C if anyone wants it... I will cut you a deal! It is a 10 speed... eventually, I will probably see if I can figure out if it will run...

For anyone who wants my attention or tech help, I will be out of pocket for a few days. Heading for Florida in the pickup to fetch a 1980 KZ1000E2 (ST). Eventually, I will be selling either the current 1979 KZ1000E1 (ST) or the new bike. I spent the day yesterday cleaning powdercoat out of the bearing wells and installing new wheel bearings. The powdercoat turned a 1/2 job into a 4 hour job.

And Roy, I think you will like how those new carbs run on your ol' Classic! I gotta go now, I am going to take the toolbox off the pickup, find some tools and my chain/lock for the new ramp I bought at Harbor Freight and get my phone charger loaded in the truck. Cheers!
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

WiredGeorge and carbs 07 Mar 2006 17:40 #29176

• roy-b-boy-b
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
I just got through talking to WiredGeorge for 42 minutes and 33 seconds. He is in Houston and will be home tomorrow.
The carbs he built for me came today. Installed carbs kicked bike one time and it fired. (Sweet)
I took the bike for a short ride and i'm am impressed.
Pulls strong every where,bottom to top.
I have to leave for Dubuque Ia. in the morning and will look foward to get home and go for a ride. Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• Page: