Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jet Kits not avialible 16 Oct 2005 15:58 #2119

• Art Quast
  • Art Quast's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone. I have a 1981 KZ1100-A1. Its a Canadian model, im in the states. After calling around and checking the internet, i found that there are no jet kits for the A1's. No one makes them, either side of the border. I was wondering if anyone has delt with this issue, and had any input. Im haveing some real carb. problems, a jet kit would have worked im sure. Im am familiar with the difference between the A and B models,which is in the jetting. Are the float needle and seats the same being BS34's. The mains are 122.5, needles are set in the middle groove. Running an old Kerker, with a home made baffle and end cap. This was a temperary pipe set-up, but im sure it cant be why im overflowing and spilling fuel out of carbs. I could really use some input if anyone has some, thanks... Art

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jet Kits not avialible 16 Oct 2005 16:08 #2121

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
Have you checked your float levels? How about the float needles, if they are sticking or dropping down freely? Im not a carb expert, Ive worked with a few sets of Mikuni VM24s and those are the only things I can think of that would cause overflowing and leaks, besides a bad gasket on the bowls.

Jet Kits not avialible 16 Oct 2005 16:47 #2128

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 206
I took the liberty of deleting your double post on the same topic, because I was pretty sure it was just a mistake :)

Like Dan said, a jet kit won't do anything for your carb bowls overflowing problem.
KD9JUR

Jet Kits not avialible 16 Oct 2005 18:03 #2148

• Art Quast
  • User
Thanks for your input guys. Yes i agree on the float needles seating and the bowl hieghts. Im curious if the Mikuni BS34 float needle and seats are the same on the 1981 KZ 1100-A1( Canadian ) and the 1981 KZ1100-??( U.S. ) models. The only Difference i know of for sure is the American model has a crankcase ventilation system and has non-adjustable needle valves. The Canadian model doe's not have the crankcase ventilation system and has a 3 position needle valve and assecable ( bad spelling ) pilot screws from the factory. Im not haveing alot of luck calling dealerships on iether side of the border. They cant seem to tell me if anything will crossover. And yes, is does become frustrating after awhile. I'll wait and see if there are anymore inputs before i rip em off and wing it..... Art Ps, why do i end up with 2 posts when i submit my letter?

Jet Kits not avialible 16 Oct 2005 19:13 #2208

• GargantuChet
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm not sure about the carbs, but I'm pretty sure that double-posts can be caused by clicking "back" after posting, which causes your browser to submit the post again.

After posting, to return to the forum listing click on the link above the first post on the page (where it says "Forum List > Technical Forums > Carburettor", for instance).

Welcome to the site!

Jet Kits not avialible 16 Oct 2005 20:41 #2243

• Art Quast
  • User
Thanks for the info chet. I'll give it a try....

Jet Kits not avialible 17 Oct 2005 03:14 #2284

• bob_z1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Do you have the factory shop manual? I though it gave specs in there for US and CAN versions of the KZ1100A..... If you don't have one I can look for mine. I had a KZ1100A from 81 to 88, good bikes!
later! Bob

Post edited by: bob_z1, at: 2005/10/17 06:15

Jet Kits not avialible 17 Oct 2005 03:53 #2286

• Art Quast
  • User
I have a motorcycle service manual. it doesnt go that far into detail. Thanks for the input, i have to finish my coffee and head off to work. Art

Jet Kits not avialible 17 Oct 2005 06:24 #2308

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I suspect that if you set the service fuel level and installed some rebuild kits, which include float seat/needle assemblies, it would cure your leaking problem. In addition, put an inline filter into your inlet fuel line as grit coming out of your tank can make it tough for even new seats/needles to seal. Your carburetors should have domed screens beneath the seats to catch some of this crud and if they are missing on your bike, you should order some of those as well. Contact www.z1enterprises.com for the carb kits and domed filtering screens, if needed.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Jet Kits not avialible 17 Oct 2005 13:56 #2371

• Art Quast
  • User
Wiredgeorge your the man. THANKS BIG TIME. Its the first positive step i've found and to be taken! Hey you would'nt happen to have an Indy Aluminum SR-440 Stage 2 ported head in your pocket would ya? Kiddin, long story and wrong site.... Thanks again george..

• Page: