Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

bowl vent? 08 Jan 2006 22:13 #16827

• kzmason
  • kzmason's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My bike came w/ no airbox. Are the upper nipples between the carbs bowl vents? If so did they go to the air box? What should I do with them w/ no air box? Sorry so many questions...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

bowl vent? 09 Jan 2006 01:06 #16839

• Garn
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
Kzmason, ideally these carby breather tubes go through to the front of the air-box inlet, this is to utilise the fumes and add to the economy. Earlier Z's simply had them coming up under the tank. On the KZ1000-A1, there is a couple of plastic clips on the air-box lid that retain the tubes.

With no air-box, I would retain both of the tubes under the tank, tied with plastic-ties individually to the tank split buffer rubbers.

RegardZ
1 x 73 Z1 (Jaffa), 74 Z1A, 76 Z900-A4
1 x 73 Yamaha TX500 & 98 fzx250 Zeal
Sydney Australia

bowl vent? 09 Jan 2006 06:32 #16864

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The spigots you describe are indeed bowl vents. The important thing is that they not be obstructed or blocked else the floats will not work as they should. The next thing is to attach hoses and route the hoses AWAY from the engine. The reason is that the vents connect to passageways that lead to the top of the float bowls. In the event the bike were turned over, gas will come out these vents and you don't want that gas flowing onto a hot engine.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: