Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jetting on 1982 kkz650 CSR 15 Jun 2007 11:51 #149688

• Danpkt
  • Danpkt's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I got a carb re-build kits for the bs34's for a kz1000 I was thinking since they were jetted lean from the factory I might ba able to use the jets that came with it. I belive the kits come with 122.5 mains and 37.5 pilots. My bike has emgo pods and a 4-1 pipe so I know I would be jetting up from stock 650csr size just wondering if the sizes above would be too large.

Thanks for the help-

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jetting on 1982 kkz650 CSR 16 Jun 2007 20:03 #150097

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Dan, If I have this right, you are trying rebuild and rejet some carbs on your KZ650. The KZ650 came with BS32 carbs and not BS34. If you have pods and a 4 into 1 on the KZ650, the jets in the KZ1000 kit are not what you need. The stock jetting on a KZ650 is about a #105-110 main and a #37 pilot. I suggest you may want to look at #140 mains and #40 pilots. You can get the jets from z1enterprises.com - The bike will be easier to start with this jetting and will be able to pull redline. Right now, I doubt you can get the bike over 6K rpm if you have stock jetting with the BS32 carbs.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Jetting on 1982 kz650 CSR 18 Jun 2007 04:48 #150354

• Danpkt
  • Danpkt's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks for the advice. As for the rest of the parts from the kit, like the float needles and gaskets will work with the bs32. they seemed to look the same.( I hope they do because i just got the kits in the mail today.

Jetting on 1982 kz650 CSR 18 Jun 2007 06:27 #150386

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Actually, the only thing I can think of that is a perfect replacement will be the bowl gaskets. The float seats have a number stamped on them. The BS32s use smaller diameter holes in the float seats but it shouldn't hurt to use the larger-hole float seats in the KZ1000 kits. The needles are the same. Also, if you look in the kit, there may be a plug for the pilot passage. Not sure if the BS32 has the cross passage between the main jet well and pilot jet well... look in the these wells and see if there is hole about 1/4" down between the two wells. If there is, you need to use the plug and if there isn't you must not use the plug. If they supply a jet needle, you might want to use the stock jet needle that came in your carbs as it is matched to your needle jet/main jet holder tube.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: