Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

air mixture screws 07 May 2007 18:53 #138044

• yellowbike
  • yellowbike's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
have 29 mm mikuni carbs with dyno stage 3 jetting system on 80 kz1000. we finally got the carbs adjusted to where the bike runs good. only thing i dont understand is that the air screws are only 1/4 way out. that is the only way the bike will run good? is this normal. the bike does have pods. pulled plugs after running about 10 minutes and slightly carboned but not much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

air mixture screws 08 May 2007 15:05 #138306

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Interesting that you are using a Dynajet kit in 29 smoothbores. Since those kits don't include pilot jets and you didn't mention which pilot jets you are using or what slide cut outs are in your carbs, I am guessing that you have #17.5 pilot jets and 1.5 slide cutouts... the 1/4 turn out from seated is about right for those components. The main jets you are using are too big for optimal performance and the stock 5DL31 jet needles they provide with the carbs also work much better and are easier to tune than the Dynajet jet needles; oh, btw, the jet needles are the same ones they stick in the VM26 and VM28 jet kits bwhahahaha seems to me that with different needle jet sizes, the jet needles would not be the same, but what the heck do I know? hehe
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

air mixture screws 08 May 2007 17:11 #138346

• tjettim
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
My 29s came from Sudco with #40 pilots.
Getting to idle was a bitch.Put in 17.5s
and most air screw adjustment were normal.
1-1.5 turns open.Check your pilots.

• Page: