Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fuel and vac tube hookup question 06 May 2007 19:48 #137757

• ditrone
  • ditrone's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i'm trying to setup my kawa gpz550 1985 ...it setup very similar to a kz so i figured i'd post here and see if you guys can help. I removed the emmisions crap and now have 4 smaller plugs on the front of the carbs and 3 on the back. 2 smaller and one larger. i guess the 2 small ones on the back are for air in the bowls and i'll connect a tube to each and put it somewhere safe and then run fuel line from inline filter to the big plug down low on the back of the carbs. on the front i think i'm supposed to t 1 and 4 together and 2 and 3 then run one of these to the other side of the petcock to provide vacuum. this is how i set it up...it is very different then the way it was with the emssions crap when that was setup the fuel ran into the front of the carb but i think that was setup very wrong.
I'm in northern KY if someone is near here and wants to make a bunch of money getting this thing running good for me.
Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

fuel and vac tube hookup question 07 May 2007 07:26 #137851

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Johnny - The four spigots on the front of your carbs are vacuum ports. One will need to be connected to your petcock and the other three should be capped with vacuum caps (autoparts store - use 7/32").

As far as the other connections, see the BS Carb Connections link on our website under "wg's Tech Stuff Index". Our website is www.wgcarbs.com - Although the instructions are for Mikuni BS carbs, they will be applicable for your TK carb hook up.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

fuel and vac tube hookup question 08 May 2007 12:11 #138241

• ditrone
  • ditrone's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
got it running and diling with the choke on nicely but now it is smoking from the headers and under the tank, i think it is overheating. I check the plugs and they are kinda of black...to rich though won't make it overheat will it?
any ideals why its getting hot?

fuel and vac tube hookup question 08 May 2007 14:46 #138299

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Most likely oil burning inside or on the pipes... a little history would help. If the plugs are black, see the Coil Repowering tip on our website under "wg's Tech Stuff Index".
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: