Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Staggard Jetting 01 May 2007 18:59 #136247

• tullymars
  • tullymars's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anybody ever staggard their jetting on an inline four?My kz is a little leaner on the inside cylinders than on the outside,she is runnig pretty good,but now Im getting deep into my coon tune,Im running 132.5 mains,with the needles in the middle,she seems a little fat in the middle,so Im going to lower the needles one click,but Im thinking of running the mains to a 135 on 1,and 4,and a 137.5 on 2,and 3,of course the inside two run a little hotter than the outside two,and the plugs show their leaner...whadya tink?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Staggard Jetting 01 May 2007 19:23 #136259

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I have heard of it, some people say its not nessecary, but the plugs dont lie! if its running a bit leaner in the middle, jet it a bit bigger than the outside and see if it helps. another reason i have heard of running bigger jets in the middle was to help cool the cylinders of a big block that has no air flow between the cylinders
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

Staggard Jetting 02 May 2007 07:20 #136413

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
If the ignition is in good shape, the plugs should tend to look the same. Note that 2/3 are firing off the same coil... this MIGHT be the reason they look a tad different as opposed to jetting.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: