Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Stock Airbox Rejetting? 26 Apr 2007 21:51 #134481

• Norseman
  • Norseman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I need some guidance from the experts on jetting. I currently have no-brand pods and a 4 into 1 Supertrapp exhaust on my KZ1000M1 CSR. I am chucking the pods and returning to stock air box, but keeping the 4 into 1 exhaust.

The bike currently has #130 main jets and 37.5 pilot jets. As I'm returning to stock airbox, I suspect that my #130 jets will be too much. So my question is: 1) Should I return to 122.5 mains (stock), or up the mains to #125? 2) Should I go up one on the pilot jets to #40, or stay with the 37.5 currently on the bike due to the 4 into 1 exhaust?

I will ordering a bunch of parts from Z1 shortly, and want to get the right pilots. I appreciate any guidance here. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stock Airbox Rejetting? 27 Apr 2007 05:36 #134526

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
If you go back to the stock airbox and keep the 4 into 1, stay with your current jetting which should be fairly close. The stock #37.5 pilots are OK... mains could be a tad large but shouldn't hurt depending on how free-flowing the pipes are... in other words, don't waste money on jets to do experimenting. Try your current set up with the OEM airbox and THEN adjust if necessary because it likely won't be necessary.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Stock Airbox Rejetting? 27 Apr 2007 07:21 #134554

• Norseman
  • Norseman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
WiredGeorge,

Thank you for your quick response and guidance. I will do exactly that. Once I have installed the stock airbox, I will post the findings. Even if the 130's run a little rich, the Supertrapp exhaust has five removable baffles at the very end of muffler and can be adjusted to gradually increase flow, allowing me to adjust/experiment without buying jets.

Thanks again.

• Page: