Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hesitation? 21 Apr 2007 10:30 #132540

• dkmk
  • dkmk's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Finished adding the 4-1, rejetting, manual and gauge syncing, valves, timing, set float levels on bench with the clear tubing method, etc. I have a very slight, and I mean slight hesitation from idle. Adjusted throttle cables to spec, and it helped. The thing is, the bike runs beautifully, smooth idle, no faltering through whole RPM range and pulls nicely. Plug chop shows a nice tan colour on all four. Just curious if there is something I've overlooked? Thanks all.
Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hesitation? 21 Apr 2007 10:42 #132542

• michikawi
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Two things come to mind. You could be idling a little on the slow side or you could be slightly lean on the pilot jets. A plug chop only shows the mixture at the throttle setting you did it at. If you are idling at the factory specs try opening the idle mixture 1/4 to 1/2 turn or tune for the highest idle speed. I take it that you are talking about the KZ1000.

Post edited by: michikawi, at: 2007/04/21 13:45

Post edited by: michikawi, at: 2007/04/21 13:48

Hesitation? 21 Apr 2007 11:21 #132555

• dkmk
  • dkmk's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Thanks MK. Actually it is the 650, and I've gone up two jet sizes for main and pilots. Will try tweaking the air screws, but as I said, it is so slight it is barely noticeable. Maybe I am just too picky. Thanks.
Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."

• Page: